Tuesday, September 18th , 2012 CUPS Meeting -- 6:30pm socializing -- 7pm Presentation
Ocean enthusiasts and the community are invited to join the premiere of
Green Fire Productions new film, “Ocean Frontiers: The Dawn of a New Era in Ocean
Stewardship.” This event, which is open to the public, has been gaining acclaim across the country.
“Ocean Frontiers” is a documentary that tells the story of people across the country working together to help protect our watersheds, coastlines and oceans, which many of our nation’s communities and economies rely on. The interconnectivity of land use and how it affects the oceans is a major topic of the documentary. After the screening we can discuss your concerns and interests. Get a preview here http://ocean-frontiers.org/
Also this movie has some great underwater footage.
NEWS!!! Jean Michele Cousteau is coming to Colorado in October 20th & 21st. He will be the keynote speaker along with Dr Sylvia Earle at Making Waves in Boulder for the Colorado Ocean Coalition. This event will behold many other ocean conservation luminaries stay tuned here! CUPS will have our photo contest and display at this event! To join and get details go to cupsonline.net
SEE CUPS on Facebook! And The Colorado Scuba Meetup Groupplease RSVP
NEW BRING AND SHARE: Time permitting we will show your photos or items of interest during the meeting. Especially Fish ID photos this month
Help - please volunteer to present at a future meeting contact: [masked]
- The Downtown Aquarium is the CUPS meeting place. Please mark your calendar for 2012 - the Third Tuesday of each month! (See link below for map.)
- Note: There is usually free parking in the lot just south and in the adjacent Children's Museum parking lot. You can enter this free parking area by taking the first driveway entrance on the right just south of the aquarium main building. We have received reports of car break-ins at this lot as it is unattended. Otherwise there is parking directly across the street from the Aquarium at a flat $7 in the evening.
- Entrance: Go through the double doors on the Water Street side (across from Senor Sol Restaurant) and the classroom is directly to your right on the first level.
- Map: Denver Downtown Aquarium If you want to make your own MapQuest Direction map, here is the official address: 700 Water St, Denver, CO 80211
- Thanks to the hospitality of Landry's Restaurants, Inc., CUPS will be able to return to our regular third-Tuesday meeting schedule at the beautiful Downtown Aquariumin their spacious classroom.
OTHER LOCAL EVENTS OF INTEREST:
Weaver Dive and Travelis having 29th Annual ANNIVERSARY SALE EVENT Sept. 15 &16 lot of great prize drawings
The Colorado Dive Showis coming back September 28th and 29th Mark your calendars for the dive show.
Colorado Ocean Coalition’s Making Waves 2012and the San Francisco Ocean Film FestivalBoulder October 20th and 21st
UPCOMING TRIPS: News from Douglas Hofmann, I will be doing a photography workshop on the Siren in Fiji May 17-25, 2014. Now is a good time to sign up here contact info at bottom of his web page.
The Team at CUPS