addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Colorado Scuba Meetup Group Message Board › I want to teach highly accelerated tech classes in high school.

I want to teach highly accelerated tech classes in high school. Seeking input/advice.

Dex
CelestialDragon
Boulder, CO
Post #: 5
Hi,

I'm looking for some help or advice on starting a business teaching highly accelerated tech/engineering classes for high school students. I'm posting to my scuba groups in specific because I expect a significant number of us diver types either are or know parents who would be interested in this kind of class or at least have some insightful thoughts on it.

Specifically, I'll be teaching co-sci, calc, and physics at above the AP and IB levels - I've always been able to teach very rapidly and thoroughly. I'll be teaching a 2 in 1 class this coming school year covering co-sci and calc; the following year I'm going to add on physics to make it a 3 in 1 class. I'd ideally like to teach 2-4 classes during the school year (at one or more schools) and also do something like a summer camp offering.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice regarding any charter schools or high schools or existing summer camps that might be interested, any funding sources, any groups of parents that might be interested in putting together a class (for home schoolers or just kids with free time).

Thanks in advance for your input,

Dex