Apr 25, 2013 · 8:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Join a Partner-led Windows Azure Developer Camp and leave with code running in the cloud! This is a free, one-day Windows Azure Instructor lead Workshop where you roll up your sleeves and get hands-on with the latest Windows Azure development tools and technologies.
We will start with the basics and build on to more advanced topics, featuring instructor lead hands-on labs for:
- Deploying Cloud Services in Windows Azure with Visual Studio
- Connecting your existing applications & data to an IaaS Application with a Virtual Network in Windows Azure
- Building Windows Store Apps with Windows Azure Mobile Services
Throughout the day, you’ll hear from local Windows Azure Partner specialists and Microsoft product team members. We’ll talk about how Windows Azure, Microsoft’s open and flexible cloud platform, enables you to quickly build, deploy or move existing applications to the cloud. And don't worry, we speak your development language, .Net, node.js, php, python, and all developers are welcome!
Be fully prepared for this hands-on day of coding by bringing your laptop and signing up for the free, Windows Azure 90-day trial. That way, during the workshop, you'll be able to use the newest features of Windows Azure.
Please bring your laptop with the following minimum requirements:
· Azure account with Preview features activated or sign up for a free Azure 90-day trial
· PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Home Editions not supported) with 4 GB memory and 10 GB free disk space
· Download and install Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2010 SP1
· Download the Windows Azure Training Kit (December 2012 Release)
· Download the Windows Azure SDK for .NET