We have a fun half-day walking trip taking place in/near Green Mountain Park in Lakewood, CO. This will be a nice half-day walking trip where we'll walk through a bit of commercial / residential and eventually into beautiful Green Mountain Park. There are several spots on this walk where we will be hiking uphill. The trail doesn't get too steep; however, this will be more incline than most of our walking trips. Come to slow down, reflect and enjoy the views and fresh air of Colorado's Front Range!
- Mileage: 8
- Difficulty: Intermediate. Please come mentally prepared to (some) hiking. (NOTE: All of these walks are considered 'advanced walking' based on their length. If you have concerns about your ability, please feel free to contact me at email address below!)
- Terrain: (Residential/Trail/Open Space) Paved, gravel, and dirt.
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 8:30am at the King Soopers on W Alameda Ave & West Virginia Ave and we'll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and to lightly warm up. We will leave NO LATER than 8:45AM.
- Parking: There will be plenty of parking in/near the shopping center.
- Dog Friendly!
- Weather: We are in the Winter season, so please come prepared with enough layers in case we do run into a storm.
- Breaks, Restrooms & Lunch: There will be opportunities to use the restroom at the beginning of the walk and at the end. We will have two 5-10 minute break points (and possibly more depending on the group) throughout the walk. There are no restrooms where we'll be walking. We have the option of eating lunch together at a cafe/restaurant nearby after the walk.
- Meetup Fee I've decided to charge a very small fee of $5/each for our Meetup walking trips. These are to cover Meetup membership fees and trip planning time / costs. Included in the fee will be a small snack and printed route map for everyone participating. Walk2Connect is now a full-time business and we're excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails and check back to our trip schedule on our main website for other walking trips on the calendar.
- **NEW LIABILITY WAIVER: Visit the 'Files' section of the Walk2Connect page (located in the 'more' section) to download the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form if you haven't already. Please read, print and sign the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form and bring it to the walk. - Thank you!
- Can't make it the whole way? (or you're unsure): Please plan to have someone available to pick you up if you don't think you can go the whole way; however, you will be surprised at what your body can do!
- Comfortable socks (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Sturdy shoes (not loose and not too tight / pref hiking or cross-training shoes)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
These walks are very informal and give us all unique opportunities to connect with one another, ourselves and our surroundings.
Feel free to contact me at: [masked] /[masked]