Greetings Walk2Connect Community!
I wanted to invite all of you to a very casual 2 hour walkabout through NE Denver to enjoy some evening fresh air, exercise and connection time. I've been given a great opportunity to be a speaker at next Friday's TEDxYOUTH@MileHigh talk on walking and 3MPH travel. I would love nothing more than to include you all in the process. If you're up for it, we would take a two hour walking trip and during a mid-walk break I would deliver the speech for you all to get feedback and to simply - practice - practice - practice!!! ; )
- Mileage: 5
- **NEW LIABILITY WAIVER: Visit the 'Files' section of the Walk2Connect page (located in the 'more' section) to download the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form if you haven't already. Please read, print and sign the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form and bring it to the walk. - Thank you!
- Difficulty: Easy
- Terrain: Urban. All sidewalk / gravel
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 6:00PM at Tennis Courts on North West side of City Park (just SE of 23rd & York). We will get back to our cars NO later than 8:30pm, hopefully sooner.
- Parking: Plenty of parking on City Park streets.
- Weather: We are in the Spring season, so please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear in case we do run into cooler weather or rain.
- Breaks, Restrooms: There will be plenty of places to use the restroom.
- Cost FREE!
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
Feel free to contact me at: [masked]