We have a really unique event taking residents of NE Denver (and those who live nearby) on an afternoon/evening walking trip and rail ride to Golden, Colorado. This will be a fun 5 mile (1 hour and 40 minute) walk from the Park Hill neighborhood to Union Station in downtown Denver. We will pick up the new West Rail Line taking us to Golden, Colorado. We will walk to main street Golden from the station and have dinner together. Please plan to bring your own $$ for dinner. I will have bus/rail passes for everyone. This is a part of a FREE series of Spring & Summer walking opportunities sponsored by the Stapleton Transportation Management Association. This trip will be an opportunity to connect with what's possible in using public transportation in NE Denver. We will be taking the West Rail back to Denver and we'll also be transferring to a bus line on the way back from downtown Denver to Park Hill. Please come patient and open to all that comes with public transit!
- Mileage: 5-6 (walking)
- **NEW LIABILITY WAIVER: Visit the 'Files' section of the Walk2Connect page (located in the 'more' section) to download the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form if you haven't already. Please read, print and sign the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form and bring it to the walk. - Thank you!
- Difficulty: Easy (please note that all of our walking trips can be difficult based on their length if you're not used to walking for this long. Feel free to email Jonathon directly at [masked] if you're unsure)
- Terrain: Urban / Residential. All sidewalk and greenway / some gravel
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 1:00PM in front of Adagio Bakery on 23rd & Dexter in Park Hill. We will finish around 8:00PM / allow flexibility on either side depending on public transit.
- Parking: Plenty of parking in neighborhood and retail center.
- Weather: We are in the early Summer season, so please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear in case we do run into cooler weather or rain.
- Breaks, Restrooms: There will be places to use the restroom along the route.
- COST: FREE / Please plan to bring $$ for dinner and $2.25 in case we need to pay for one RTD fare. Walking trip and one RTD pass is included.
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
Complete Stapleton TMA walking trip schedule (flyer)!
Feel free to contact me at: [masked]