Walk2Connect will now be doing FREE one hour sunrise walks in City Park every Friday leaving from Adagio Bakery in the Park Hill neighborhood at 23rd and Dexter. These will be easy, relaxed one-hour loop around the lake at City Park. These trips will have no set program. They exist to provide a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience to start your day. This is also a great way to meet other 'daily' walking friends nearby.
We're hoping to host more and more FREE walking trips like this for many neighborhoods throughout Denver and Colorado. Please get in touch with us if you are interested in leading one in your hood.
EXPECT TO MAKE SOME FABULOUS CONNECTIONS!
- Mileage:[masked] miles
- **LIABILITY WAIVER: Visit the 'Files' section of the Walk2Connect page (located in the 'more' section) to download the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form if you haven't already. Please read, print and sign the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form and bring it to the walk. If you've filled out a liability waiver in the last year with us, then you do not need to bring one - Thank you!
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate (some small hills).
- Terrain: (Urban/Residential) All sidewalks and street.
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 7:00am in front of Adagio Baker and we'll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and to lightly warm up. If you are going to get coffee please plan to show up well before 7AM as we will leave NO LATER than 7:00am. We should be done walking no later than 8:10am. You can of course leave early if you need to!
- Parking: There will be plenty of parking throughout the neighborhood.
- Cost: FREE!
- Dog Friendly! We will be doing a loop going back to our starting location. (Please be sure you are confident he/she can handle 2-3 miles and cooler temps when walking in Fall and Winter and insure that your dog is calm, well behaved and heels well on a leash.)
- Weather: We are in the Winter season, so please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear in case we do run into cooler weather or rain.
- Breaks, Restrooms: There will only be one place where we can use the restroom so please plan to use restroom before you leave home OR before the walk at Adagio Bakery.
- Walk2Connect is now a full-time business and we're excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails and check back to our trip schedule on our main website for other walking trips on the calendar. You can also follow us on Facebook here.
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Camera (the view from the back steps of the Museum is breathtaking)
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
These walks are very informal and give us all unique opportunities to connect with one another, ourselves and our surroundings.
Feel free to contact me at if you have any questions