Let's try this again! Please read these instructions all the way through - they have been updated. We attempted this awhile back, but ran into a pretty intense blizzard and had to turn around. It's a great route from North Denver to Northglenn! CLICK HERE for route!
This will be an urban/industrial/greenway walk from North Denver through plenty of greenway and trail (paved) into the community of Northglenn. This is NOT a loop. We will be taking public transit back to our original location.
If you have never done a walk like this or if you have concerns about whether you can do it, please don't hesitate to contact me directly - b/c - we would LOVE to have you (see email below)
- Mileage: 13-15
- Difficulty: Intermediate (NOTE: All of these walks are considered 'advanced walking' based on their length. If you have concerns about your ability, please feel free to contact me at email address below!)
- Terrain: (Urban) Mostly paved sidewalks/trails w/occasional gravel trail, alley and roadside. (optional grass and dirt as well)
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 8:00am at Peaberry's Coffee Ltd on the Southwest corner of 58th & Washington - directly across from McDonald's on Washington and we'll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and to stretch! We should be done walking no later than 4pm.
- Weather: Will keep you posted as we get closer!
- Breaks, Restrooms & Lunch: Please plan to bring your own lunch, as I am unaware of a specific location for where we can stop on our route. Peaberry's and a few fill-up stations should have small sandwiches/snacks to take as well. We will be taking several breaks along the way. NOTE: Restrooms will not be as frequent on this route since the majority will be spent on the Platte River trail. Please come prepared with a "GoGirl" (funny, but serious) or a passion to get creative if you know you will need to stop a lot along the way (door knocking or fun with nature) ; )
- Please plan to have someone available to pick you up if you don't think you can go the whole way; however, you will be surprised at what your body can do!
- Public Transit: This is NOT a loop back to our starting point; therefore, we are planning to take public transit (one bus) back to our cars. We'll be taking bus #12 which is a straight shot to our car. Please bring $2.25 for bus fare. BUS ROUTE
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
These walks are very informal and give us all unique opportunities to connect with one another, ourselves and our surroundings. Feel free to visit my website walk2connect.com to read testimonies from a few people who are doing this already! I'm always taking donations (current trail/road maps, used/good condition outdoor gear for future multi-day walks and cash donation for building overhead costs - printing/planning etc!) - You can email me below or visit my paypal page!
CLICK HERE for our route!