add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Vegetarian-friendly restaurants in Colorado Springs

Vegetarian-friendly restaurants in Colorado Springs

A former member
Post #: 4
Anyone have recommendations for restaurants that are particularly vegetarian or vegan friendly? Our favorite is Silver Pond Chinese Restaurant on North Academy. They have an extensive vegetarian menu--it's not the kind of place where you have to pick the one thing on the menu that doesn't have meat! It's a little pricey but is so yummy. I'd imagine most if not all of the vegetarian menu is also vegan, since Chinese food tends to use no dairy and very little egg.

Also we went to Ruby's Diner on Powers (near the Whole Foods that used to be Wild Oats). They have a long list of burgers and you can get any of them made with a Garden Burger. They also have several non-burger vegetarian options, like grilled cheese, steamed veggie plate, and I believe some kind of veggie sandwich as well. Good for when you feel like eating diner food. It might be a little tougher for vegans--we didn't ask if the burger buns, etc were vegan or not.
A former member
Post #: 1
Adams Mountain in Manitou is great, I have been there a couple of times and I have really enjoyed it. Another one that I keep returning to is Poor Richards (on tejon next to game store) . They serve customized pizza slices and have many veggie options including spinach! There is also a great middle eastern place down town next to jimmy johns (also a great veggie sub) that has excellent falafel. I havent been to Silver Pond yet, but i will have to check it out on your recommendation.

I would recommend checking out if you havent, they have a great listing for anywhere in the world!
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 13
http://www.ilvicino.c...­ - Good atmosphere downtown (Tejon St.). Good salad and soup and pizza. You can special request pizza without cheese as well. We like to eat here and then take in a movie and glass of wine or beer at Kimballs­ which is just around the corner from their downtown location. Their second location is on N. Nevada­ - In Old Colorado City...They have a couple vegetarian entree options but we enjoy the vegetable mezze off their appetizers (unfortunately not all vegan) - On North Academy they have a delicious salad bar and 3 vegetarian soup options (including vegetarian French Onion) and several veggie sandwich options. Plus, it's kid friendly!!­ - voted best pizza in Colorado Springs. They have several vegetarian pizza options and you can special order without cheese. The atmosphere is great and the food authentic. Reservations are encouraged.­ - Not many vegan or vegetarian options. We mainly go here for the atmosphere and great creekside dining. We usually get a glass of wine and the dolmas with hummus. They also have a veggie burger served with grilled onions, roasted green chilies and sautéed mushrooms (not sure it's vegan though). Or try their portobello mushroom sandwich with grilled onions and green chilies. It's a bit of a drive - up highway 24 on the corner where you turn to head up to Pikes Peak....but worth it in the summertime just to sit outside by the creek!­ - A new brewery here in town (off of Garden of the Gods). They have great vegetarian appetizers and yummy looking salads. We get their vegetarian "buffalo wings". Or try their rosemary almonds or sweet potato fries. It's small and can get crowded but they have good couch seating in the back and will have good outdoor seating in the summer. If you leave here still hungry head over to Chipotle for a burrito.­ I second Poor Richards. Great for kids (with a play area in the back and toy store next door). We love their large house salad (get without cheese to make vegan). It's loaded with great veggies and a delicious home made vinaigrette dressing. They also have good veggie sandwich options - veggie reuben and veggie burger. They can also make your pizza with Daiya Cheese. Then hop next door afterward and have a cup of coffee in their coffee, chocolate, wine bar.
Adam's Mountain in Manitou is one of our favorites as well - - more vegetarian options than vegan so call ahead to see what their current vegan options are.
Mirch Masala is delicious Indian food (off of North Academy)-­­ In Old Colorado City...considered more fine dining but you can get away with a more casual dress. Open for lunch or dinner and their menu changes. They always have some yummy veggie entrees and humus plate. Nice "date place".­ We come here mainly to entertain the kids. Their salad bar is decent to load up on veggies/beans and you can order your pizza without cheese. Fun atmosphere!

Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 18
Thought of a couple more....

We just tried out (Heart of Jerusalem Cafe). What a great place! We devoured our meal (a vegetable plate and a falafel plate). Instead of fries we got extra dolmas. Get without Tziki to make vegan. The hummus, dolmas, and falafel were all excellent. It took a little time for them to prepare the food but it was worth the wait. Extremely nice owners.­

Located off Austin Bluffs (close to Academy Blvd.) They have a downtown and Manitou location too but I believe the Austin Bluffs location is under different ownership.

Looking for some good authentic Korean? Try San Chang House off of Austin Bluffs (close to Academy Blvd.). Most all (if not all) their sides that come with your meal are vegetarian/vegan....very tasty and my favorite part of the meal. You can get several tofu dishes and have fish sauce omitted Truly reminds us of being in Korea again!

Wooglins Deli downtown, on Tejon, is also good (small and busy during lunch but have some good vegetarian and few vegan options)

A former member
Post #: 7
I noticed a couple weeks ago that Ruby's Diner has been replaced by some other restaurant, which is unfortunate. But I did try a different diner that's further south on Powers called Gunther Toody's. You can substitute a veggie burger patty into any of their burgers, but beware of the grilled onions, which contain bacon. Overall, it was a good place to go with my non-veggie parents, but again, probably not much in the way of vegan options.
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 132
While in town the last couple weeks, we ate at Garbanzo's off of Powers and at Naturally's in Manitou. At Naturally's I had a delicious vegan Spicy Carrot Peanut Soup and House Salad and my husband got an amazing salad called the Naturally Yours Salad (you can add tempeh to this as well). Some other offerings are Vegetarian Chili, a tasty Hummus Plate and a number of sandwiches in which they use Veganaise. The herbal iced tea was great and my girls devoured their smoothies! They don't offer a vegan dressing which was surprising - you can do a honey mustard if you eat honey or stick to oil and vinegar. The owner is extremely nice!

Garbanzo's was also tasty and very filling! We ended up eating there twice during our stay.­

If you enjoy tea, herbs, etc., there is a tea shop in Old Colorado City called Organica. The owner here is very helpful and friendly. She has a number of loose leaf teas to choose from along with a number of spices and herbs! I got a chai matte, tulsi rose green, and licorice spice. I was tempted to get some rose buds (to add to my hot tea) ashwagandha (for thyroid), kelp (for thyroid) and Irish moss (an amazing Superfood!). I was impressed with her selection. There is a small seating area upstairs if you want to order a drink and hang out.
I can't find a website but here is her Facebook page...

A former member
Post #: 1
Bhan Thai
1025 North Academy Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO

There are two Bhan Thai locations, one off of Academy/Galley and the other on Garden of the Gods. I'd recommend eating at the one off of Academy. Friendly staff, excellent food. You'll leave with a happy belly. As far as customer service, the man at the front counter is friendly and thoughtful when your eating veg. If you order anything like Pad Thai / Drunken Noodles / Black Soy noodles be sure to mention no eggs if you are dairy/meat conscious. Also, the summer rolls are yummy.

user 12018383
Denver, CO
Post #: 15
Cafe El Paso on N. Nevada (nestled amongst the sketchy no-tell-motels, just south of GOG/Austin Bluffs) has one of the best veggie chimichangas I've had since going vegetarian. Their beans are vegan, but their rice isn't. I always bring my own tofutti sour cream, but they also have excellent guacamole that can be used as a topping. My mom is vegetarian, and she said their cheese n' bean nachos were really good. Oh, and of course, pomegranate margaritas... The interior is cozy and nice, don't let the location fool you! We've been bringing "omni" house guests there, there's something for everyone.
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 177
On The Border now has a new all vegetarian menu. Check it out below. They will also make taco's with black beans instead of meat. It's become one of our favorite places for Mexican food but we usually order the same thing every time.

Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 140
Has anyone tried Uchenna (Ethiopian food) off of W. Colorado? We've not been but it looks like they have gotten good reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon. Next time we are in town we'll definitely go (we recently had a great vegan meal at an Ethiopian restaurant here in Vegas). Uchenna has a decent Vegetarian/Vegan section on their menu. You might need to be patient when pulling up their website. It took its time loading.
Here's the link to their Vegetarian/Vegan menu:­

Here's the link to Urban Spoon Reviews:­