++ Releasing May 1st ++
From the #1 New York Times Best-Selling, Outspoken Voice Behind Skinny Bitch,
Publishes Her Next Book Since Her Extraordinary Best-Seller,
B E G
Rory Freedman, co-author of the sensational Skinny Bitch—a #1 New York Times best-seller that dominated the list for nearly three years and was translated into 24 languages, with two million copies in print—publishes her next and newest book, BEG: A Radical New Way of Regarding Animals (Running Press; May 1, 2013; ISBN: 978-0-76244-954-5; $18.00; Hardcover; E-book ISBN: 978-0-7624-4956-9), urging animal lovers to simply face the cruel hard facts about how we really treat the animals we profess to admire. Rory Freedman shares her message in only the style that her millions of fans expect her to deliver:
- She sheds light on how innocent animals are routinely abused by uninformed and misinformed decent people as well as the greedy and mean;
- She urges us to take better care of our precious pets, and treat all animals—horses, dolphins, chimps, cows, pigs, and others—much more humanely;
- She reveals the staggering numbers of abandoned pet deaths in the U.S. every year—between six and eight million animals enter shelters, where three to four million get euthanized;
- She uncovers the horrors of puppy mills and the most effective way to put them out of business;
- She teaches us about the torturous practice of declawing; and
- She debunks the terrible myths surrounding the dangers, risks, and problems of taking in an unwanted mutt and the joys of adopting a dog from a shelter; plus more.
Because Rory is a very familiar face from her mega success with Skinny Bitch, we know her fans are eager to hear about her newest book project.