Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Local Slaughter on Nov. 12th!

Local Slaughter on Nov. 12th!

Mika
user 3637319
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 437
Hello,

I don't know if any of you care about this, but I just got the following info in an e-mail. It makes me sick!

"Mobile Slaughter Open House Friday at Venetucci Farm

Instead of trucking livestock to processing, mobile slaughter brings the processing facility to the livestock, a concept that has potential to localize the food system while being more humane for the animals. See it for yourself: a mobile slaughter trailer will be at Venetucci Farm Friday, 11/12/2010, to slaughter a few cattle, pigs, sheep and goats. Live demonstrations (this is the real deal; proceed with caution if you feel squeamish) will be free and open to the public. Come out anytime from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ranch Foods Direct will serve burgers for lunch."
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 140
See article on this link: http://www.gazette.co...­
The one thing I did agree with was a statement a visitor made: "A Visitor talked about why she felt drawn to come to the mobile slaughter house. “If you’re going to eat meat, you should see it die, at least once,” she said."

I think more people would become vegetarians if they saw the process of what animals actually go through.
A former member
Post #: 109
This might not be the expected opinion for a vegetarian, but I actually think that to the extent that this is part of a movement toward more responsible, humane, local, small-scale agriculture, it's actually a good thing. It's definitely a lot better than having the whole process take place in an industrial slaughterhouse, where most people will never see the reality of where their food comes from. But then, I'm veggie mostly because I have huge problems with factory farms and industrial slaughterhouses, not because I think there's anything categorically wrong with using animals for food.
Mika
user 3637319
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 438
See article on this link: http://www.gazette.co...­
The one thing I did agree with was a statement a visitor made: "A Visitor talked about why she felt drawn to come to the mobile slaughter house. “If you’re going to eat meat, you should see it die, at least once,” she said."

I think more people would become vegetarians if they saw the process of what animals actually go through.

Yeah, I totally agree. Thanks for the article.

A former member
Post #: 41
Any living creature with a heart and soul should never have to die to benefit me in any way. That's how I see it. "Humanely" or not. Humanely is a crock any way, let me put a knife to a human's throat and humanely kill them for my benefit and see if anyone thinks its humane.