addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Extreme Pizza - Vegetarian and Vegan friendly

Extreme Pizza - Vegetarian and Vegan friendly

A former member
Post #: 1
Many of you may know this already. I went to Extreme pizza yesterday on North Academy and I was amazed to find out that more than half of their specialty pizzas were vegetarian and they had a vegan specialty pizza on the menu. I was amazed!! Its the best veg/vegan pizza offering I have ever seen.
A former member
Post #: 2
Many of you may know this already. I went to Extreme pizza yesterday on North Academy and I was amazed to find out that more than half of their specialty pizzas were vegetarian and they had a vegan specialty pizza on the menu. I was amazed!! Its the best veg/vegan pizza offering I have ever seen.

Here is a link to the menu: http://www.extremepiz...­
A former member
Post #: 27
thanks for the info. other pizza places have vegan pizza if you don't add cheese, but its nice to see the soy cheese is vegan. we will def try this place out soon.
Barb
user 12018383
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
I didn't know that, but will def try them out.

In Denver, I have to recommend Rebellion Pizza... they have Daiya and Follow Your Heart, and then all the mock meats.

Rebellion Pizza
Kurt
user 12194234
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 2
That brings up an interesting topic : Veggie friendly restaurants.

My favorite chain:
Noodles. Everything is vegetarian be default.

Local:
Adam's Mt Cafe (of course!)
A former member
Post #: 119
I love Noodles, but FYI, the Pad Thai and the Caesar Salad/Caesar Dressing are not vegetarian due to fish ingredients. Probably not a big shock to anyone who's familiar with traditional ingredients of those dishes, but since last time I checked they were no longer marking their menu to make it clear what's vegetarian and what's not, I just didn't want anyone to accidentally eat those menu items. smile
A former member
Post #: 31
Kind of over Noodles & co.

There is a new Tapas place in Old Colorado City and on there menu they have Vegan by request items. Plus the chef was from Adams Mtn Cafe. And double plus, it was all yummy.

other places in CoSprings that have Vegan Menu Items and I LOVE: Silver Pond, Curry Leaf, Arrabica Cafe, Wild Ginger, Thai Basil, Mobo Sushi, Laaus, Maya (ethopian in old colorado city--amazing), Bhan Thai, Trinity (mmm, good.), and Indian Buffet place on 8th street
Kurt
user 12194234
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 3
Cool! Some of those places I haven't tried. Thanks!
Barb
user 12018383
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I like Noodles, and it's a good backup when you need something vegan fast, or if you're in another city and don't have your Happy Cow App handy. Now I'm craving Bangkok Curry!

Mirch Masala has great Indian, and they have no problem taking the time to explain (and double-check with the kitchen if necessary) vegan menu items. India Palace is also friendly like that but their service and food quality seems a bit spotty... Bhan Thai is another of my COS faves.

HuHot is about to open on North Academy, and they offer tofu BUT I think they cook the tofu on the same surface as the meat.
Barb
user 12018383
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Also have to mention Flow of Mexico- they have a good veg selection on their menu, and Il Postino. Their chefs will prepare a vegan meal for you on request.

Maggi is right about the Ethiopian place, it's delicious, but it can be a slow dining experience, so make sure you have extra time!