addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › Recipes from February's Potluck

Recipes from February's Potluck

Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 184
Share those Brunch Recipes in this Discussion. Waffle recipe below.

Vegan Banana Waffles

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups non dairy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 banana

Directions:
1. Pour nondairy milk and oil into large mixing bowl. Mix dry ingredients together. Combine wet with dry.

2. Blend banana in blender. Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Pour batter into the blender a little at a time and blend thoroughly with banana.

3. Scoop batter into 1/4-1/3 measuring cup and pour into waffle iron. Let cook for about 5 minutes, or according to directions.

4. Remove waffles with a fork and let cool on wire rack.
A former member
Post #: 3
Banana Recipe

Ingredients:

Bananas

Directions:

1. Walk or Drive to the nearest market. (i.e. Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, or your favorite)
2. Look for the banana section.
3. Pick best ripe bananas possible. (Organic last longer if not all used in recipe)
4. Smile as you walk out of the store with bananas.
A former member
Post #: 1
Banana Recipe

Ingredients:

Bananas

Directions:

1. Walk or Drive to the nearest market. (i.e. Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, or your favorite)
3. Pick best ripe bananas possible. (Organic last longer if not all used in recipe)

Lol, you are my hero! Those bananas were so amazing, how did you choose the best ones of the bunch. Amazing.
A former member
Post #: 4
I shouldn't take all of the credit. Jamie and Jesse helped me pick them! So, taking someone along to the store increases your chances of finding the best I suppose! :)
Jay T.
user 8858691
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 13
Banana Recipe

Ingredients:

Bananas

Directions:

Sounds like stealing, but I'll try that.
Jacqueline F.
user 7145019
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 42
Tyson-

I think you forgot about paying for the bananas, but kudos on yummy finds!

Jacqueline F.
user 7145019
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 43
Cashew Nut Cheese

1 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons tahini
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (milder flavor then black pepper)

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and combined. Alternately, mix them in a large bowl using the back a wooden spoon to mash them together. (I did this about 3 times.) Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
A former member
Post #: 24
Tyson wanted me to post his banana beauty regime. Also, he forgot to mention the very first step: 1a: Have a good friend or significant other remind you to buy bananas. ;)

Here is how Tyson gets such beautiful skin and feet: Banana Beauty

Thanks for posting those recipes Jackie and Lisa!