addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › Can't wait to meet everyone!

Can't wait to meet everyone! Anyone out there do any dehydrating and raw food cooking?

Lindsay C.
user 74344182
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 1
Hi All! I have recently joined but haven't been to any meetings yet! I am excited to meet you all! I am starting a health coaching certification program at Institute for Integrative Nutrition Jan 14th, and am really excited about it. Can't wait to share what I learn! I have also started exploring the world of dehydrator foods and raw cooking and am loving it. I wondered if anyone else shares my interest in this? If so, would love to connect! All the best and hope to see you around!
JL F.
user 25105732
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 8
Hi Lindsay! I'm new to the group, too.

I have a dehydrator and go through phases. I'm either using it constantly, or not at all. I'm not particularly interested in a high-raw diet but I definitely like to eat something raw with every meal and as snacks. I took a few raw classes when I lived in NY and had fun with it (raw vegan cheese = awesome)

Looking forward to meeting you!
JL
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 174
Welcome to the group! I really enjoy dehydrating. I have a 9 tray Excalibur dehydrator. I soak all my nuts and dehydrate them before eating, giving them a nice crunch and making them easily digestible. I soak, sprout and dehydrate quinoa and groats to add a boost of nutrition to them (after dehydrating they can be ground up in a coffee grinder and sprinkled on cereal/granola or added to smoothies). I also enjoy making kale chips, flax crackers, fruit strips, raw granola, etc. Eggplant "bacon" is also very good. I'm happy to share recipes if you're interested.