addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Sarah
user 52338502
Cluj-Napoca, RO
Post #: 2
Hi, folks --

Thanks again to our amazing outreach team for putting together the movie showing yesterday afternoon! Like I am sure many others, I am interested in giving juicing a try. What recommendations do people have about juicers? Brevelle seems to be a popular manufacturer, but there are several models -- could anyone recommend a good 'starter' machine? I know there are lots of reviews on line, but I would love to hear what experiences people in this group have had with different juicers (particularly in the low- to mid-level price range).

Thanks in advance, and enjoy your week!

Sarah
JL F.
user 25105732
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 10
Hi Sarah! I use the Breville Compact Juice Fountain - I wasn't sure if I would take to juicing so didn't want to spend over $100. It works great. I juice almost daily and find it works great on root veggies (sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips) as well as leafy greens (kale, spinach, and romaine). Hope this helps!
JL
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 175
Hi Sarah....We have the Omega 8006 (recommended to us by John Kohler). When we lived in Las Vegas we went to see John Kohler speak. He was very inspirational and very knowledgable. The Omega is an auger style (quieter and easy to clean) but more expensive. I do have to cut up our fruit and veggies a little more because the opening is smaller. However, I love it and it came with a 15 yr. warranty which is much longer than most. With the auger style I am also able to make more than just juice. I can make nut butters, date paste, and yummy banana ice cream with frozen bananas. Bed, Bath and Beyond carries this juicer in which you can also use their 20% coupon to help with the cost. I'm going to attach a youtube video of John Kohler describing IN DEPTH the difference between several juicers (including the Brevelle). It's very informative and hopefully helpful. He covers price, effects of speed (oxidizing the juice), feed shoot size, how fast they operate, warranty on each, noise, which handle leafy greens better, clean-up, does it make anything else besides juice, yield, pulp, etc. Ultimately, we love juicing and we love our Omega (it was worth every penny). We ended up buying ours through John Kohler, Discount Juicers (I'll add a link to his website). He offered us an additional 10% off when we saw him speak which is why we bought through him.

After asking yourself some of the questions he brings up and seeing the highlights of each, hopefully it will help you decided the best juicer for you. wink

Great video that will answer many of your questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKT3JVXbhIg­

John Kohler/Discount Juicers
http://www.discountjuicers.com/bestjuicer.html­

Happy Juicing!!

Sarah
user 52338502
Cluj-Napoca, RO
Post #: 3
Thanks so much to both JL and Shannon for the very thoughtful and informative replies -- the info and insights are truly appreciated! I think getting a juicer sorted out may be an excellent project for the upcoming long weekend. :) I'm looking forward to giving this thing a go!

Take care,

Sarah