addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › In vitro meat -- possibly ready for mass production within the next 20 years?

In vitro meat -- possibly ready for mass production within the next 20 years?

Kelly A.
texasbounce
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 34
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 200
I always wondered if this would be a good thing or not? They talk like vegetarians could eat it because you would not have to slaughter an animal. Interesting that PETA is trying to find someway to produce something like this too. I guess if animals were saved then it will be a good thing.
Kelly A.
texasbounce
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 35
Absolutely! I doubt I would ever go back to eating "meat" even if it was produced humanely. But I think in-vitro meat is the only real hope of ever getting the masses to stop eating animals. This would be the biggest coup for animal welfare in history! Then if people stop thinking of animals as food, they might start thinking differently about experimenting on animals, hunting them, etc. Kudos to PETA for getting this ball rolling 5 years ago!