Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › It's a "Virtual" MeetUp, Celebrating Over 500 Members!

It's a "Virtual" MeetUp, Celebrating Over 500 Members!

JL F.
user 25105732
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 55
Wow! This MeetUp now has over 500 members! What a thrill!

To celebrate we are offering a fun giveaway via a "virtual" event. All you have to do, between now and April 24, is hit "reply" and tell us why you joined this MeetUp or make a suggestion for a future MeetUp event.

By leaving a comment you will be entered to win a $25 gift certificate from Adam's Mountain Cafe!

Betsy K.
user 11269426
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 33
I joined the group after listening to Colleen Patrick Goudreau's podcast and becoming a "97 percenter" as me and another member decided to call ourselves. I can't make it to a lot of the events but enjoy the ones I do. After winning the book at Shannon's I'm feeling lucky. ;-)
Troy
user 88972212
Canon City, CO
Post #: 1
I joined as I concluded it's time to get out of my shell a little and to increase my awareness of like minded
events around town. I wanted to be member 500 but alas I was only 499. :)
Kelly A.
texasbounce
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 39
Great idea! And I love the Senegalese Vegetables at Adams Mtn Cafe! Idea for future meetup: how about a weekly or bi-weekly "lunch bunch" that goes to a vegan-friendly restaurant at lunchtime? (After-work events are hard for me to attend.)
susan
meowwww
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 95
Hi
The reason I joined is because my son is a member and he ran an event with a showing of the movie "Earthlings" I stared at the floor most of the time and when I did catch some peeks of the movie I cried. I have always ate healthy but now I am learning how to find protein where I didn't know it existed :)
I think incorporating exercise with a healthy plant-based diet rounds out a complete lifestyle so how about getting out and walking, hiking, - Red Rocks, GOG - so many beautiful places to explore here in Colorado - and they are dog friendly. so a great meetup event would be let's go out and explore! Thanks JL for all you do!
Becky
user 35296732
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 5
I joined because I love eating healthy food, meeting new people, and going to potlucks. I read Crazy Sexy Diet without intending to become vegan. I love having lots of energy.
Zena
user 41915522
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 2
I took the PETA challenge and went Vegan for 30 days. During that 30 days I felt so great I decided to look for a group that would be supportive and soon found this wonderful Vegetarian Society of Co Springs. I enjoy meeting others who have the same interests in health and environmental issues. Thank You VSCS!
Christina S.
user 89893382
Colorado Springs, CO
I joined this group to meet like minded people and learn about different events in the area that involve animal activism, health awareness etc.

I think a fun meet up would to do a potluck at the animal sanctuary and help out at the farm. I don't remember the name of it but I think that would be awesome!
Gail H.
user 31871932
Colorado Springs, CO
I had been a Vegetarian then Vegan years ago, and wanted to get back to feeling good, and having more
Energy again. Also After reading and doing some research on the cruelty to animals that are consumed,
I decided to get back to being Vegan and meeting like minded people. I have met some wonderful, and very
Helpful people in this group. Thanks to all.
Gail
Kimberly T
user 32878792
Colorado Springs, CO
I joined because I like to take an active part in my own health. Eating vegetarian and enjoying fresh food is part of me being healthy for myself and my family!