addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › Sunflower Market opening in Colorado Springs

Sunflower Market opening in Colorado Springs

Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 12
A former member
Post #: 5
You wouldn't think this town could support so many natural foods stores, but it's great to have options! I'm looking forward to checking this one out when it opens to see if the prices really are significantly better than Whole Foods. Now if only we could get a Trader Joe's...
A former member
Post #: 1
My brother in Ft Collins likes his local Sunflower market. I'm kind of new here. Can anyone tell me more about the company and what they carry?
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 15
Hi Kate,
I've not been to a Sunflower Market yet but have heard of them. To learn more about them you can look through their website. Click the link below to see their "Mission Statement" and then on the left you'll see links to "Departments", "About", and "Press and News". Looks like it might be similar to Trader Joe's (on a side note: I've heard the reason Trader Joe's isn't here in Colorado yet is because they don't have a distribution warehouse in close proximity). Sunflower Market seems to pride itself on buying produce from local vendors/farmers and selling them for a cheaper price. They are probably able to sell their other products at a cheaper price as well because they try to keep their overhead low. According to their website, they aren't only supposed to have great produce but also natural living products, bulk foods, and their own product line including apples sauce, coffee, salsa, honey, refried beans, sparkling lemonade, roasted red peppers and more.

http://www.sfmarkets.com/about.html­

Hope this helps. If anyone out there has been to a Sunflower Market, let us know your thoughts. Like Krisitn, I LOVE Trader Joe's so I hope this is the next best thing!
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 19
They have posted an opening date -

May 27, 2009