Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Kiddie playgroup?

Kiddie playgroup?

A former member
Post #: 7
Those of you with kids, with the weather getting nicer (soon, please!), would anyone be interested in setting up an occasional, or weekly, or monthly (or whatever!) playgroup for the veg-head kiddies?

You know, somewhere we don't have to worry about explaining again that the thing on that plate = your friend mr. piggie, or whatever. Could be something simple as meeting at Garden of the Gods and taking a walk, having a snack on the big rocks... or could be a meet up elsewhere, a park, indoor play area... Discuss zoo as an option or let us know that's not workable for you, etc.

My kids are 4 and 6, and my daughter is in morning Kindergarten currently. I'd need to arrange things around her schedule, but I am otherwise a WAHM (setting my schedule, which is on the light side of late) and am pretty open.

Anyway! Look forward to hearing back!

Becca
(mama to Anna & Aaron)
Heather
user 3225683
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 1
Hi Becca,

You can count us in! My daughters are 7 and 2 (going on 8 and 3 as of April and May) and I would love for them to meet other vegetarian/vegan children. I am up for a once a month get together on a Saturday or Sunday (possibly more often this summer on weekdays). We love going to the Garden of the Gods, Monument Valley Park, America the Beautiful Park, Cottonwood Creek Park, etc. Let me know what I can do to help organize these meetups. I'm looking forward to them!

Heather
A former member
Post #: 6
I'd be into this, even though it'll be a while before my kid will be old enough to really play with other kids (since she's still gestating). biggrin I need more friends who are moms, and it would be a plus to learn about how y'all are raising vegetarian kids.
A former member
Post #: 8
Saturday afternoons and most Sundays work on my end, as far as weekends go. I teach a baby carrier class in the mornings on Saturdays, but I'm usually home and ready to do whatever by 1 or 2. (buzz me for more info if you know anyone who may want help finding and choosing or learning to use a carrier! The class is free)

How do those days work for the rest of you? :) One downside this time of year is trying to figure out indoor/outdoor options, as the weather changes so fast. Perhaps we should have an indoor back-up in case weather goes nasty on us, if, say, we were planning to meet at a park?

And I'm all about the free or inexpensive places, long walks, helping carry little babies if they get too heavy, etc. ;) I'm even willing to pretend I'm a tourist in the interest of fun things to do!

Anyway, so how do weekends line up for people right now? Week days as it gets warmer, or when school is out? After school week days?

Becca
(feel free to email me through here if you want faster reply! I check that email on a daily basis)
A former member
Post #: 7
I'm with Mikaela on this one, the time is right for this. Tuesday afternoons sounds great for us as well.