Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 50
Daiya Vegan Cheese has been getting rave reviews from people like Ellen Degeneres from the "Ellen Show" and Rory from "Skinny Bitch". I hear it's stretchy and gooey just like the real cheese. Also it's soy free for those trying to not use processed soy. I checked and it looks like it's not carried anywhere in Colorado but we can still order it online. See the product and reviews:

http://www.daiyafoods...­

I wrote to our local Whole Foods to see when and if they are carrying it. If you have the time e-mail a request or if you are in Whole Foods they have comment box request that they carry it.

I have high hopes for this substitute for what most people miss when they try to eat a plant based diet!
A former member
Post #: 27
We are going vegan and all edible items have been removed but we do so miss cheese so I am glad to see this and intend to order some soon. Once I try it I will give a review of my own (and of my kids) on here. Thanks for the info!

Actually I went ahead a ordered it but they are on backorder for the cheddar so it won't ship until both the cheddar and italian are available since it has to ship with a cold pack and it is more expensive to ship seperately. Will get that review up as soon as we get it.
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 52
First review of this cheese by someone I know personally was at a California pizza restaurant today. And the result was that it is Fabulous! Let me know Collette how you and your kids like it. This website is one of the only ones I saw that does not have a back order on the cheese.

http://www.veganessen...­
Elizabeth
user 8091234
Fargo, ND
Post #: 23
Hi!
I've recently had it! It is absolutely phenominal! I went to Galactic Pizza in Minneapolis and they use daiya. It's stretchy, gooey, tasty goodness. The vegan garlic cheese bread tasted so "real". If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you order some, NOW! It is a must have.
A former member
Post #: 28
Finally we have an update for you on our experience.

First, the cheddar style. FAR exceeds anything I have tried from Whole Foods or Vitamin Cottage, etc. It still is not quite cheddar but really close. It is great as an accent flavor but really can't stand alone. For example, we had grits and cheese (I am from the south) and therefore the cheese was really the flavor in that dish. Was edible but not great. However, when we topped our Vegan Taco Salad with it then it was a welcome added flavor that complimented the dish well.

Second up is the Italian style which is like a mozzarella or mild cheddar/monterey jack. It is OUTSTANDING. We made PIZZA with it and even my meat-eating/ain't-no-way-I-am-ever-gonna­-like-vegan-cheese husband said it was good and ate his whole slice of pizza. (I had made spaghetti in case no one liked it - which is his favorite - so he eventually ate the spaghetti but he liked the pizza) We had it in the grits and cheese and loved it too. And have used it pretty much in place of any other way cheese can be used. It melts perfectly and is creamy, not at all plastic tasting or textured. I HIGHLY recommend it and SO DO MY KIDS!

I have requested Whole Foods here to carry it since they do in other states and so the more requests that are made then the better chance we have of making that happen.
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 69
Thanks for the report! I contacted Whole Foods too. Per Whole Foods they are in a different distribution center then the Whole Foods that are currently carrying it. But the more e-mails we get out to them the more they will know where the demand for the cheese.

Also just found out the first pizza restaurant in Colorado to start carrying Daiya cheese.

Zpizza
4940 S. Yosemite St.
Greenwood Villiage, CO

http://stores.zpizza....­
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 100
Just got this notification that Whole Foods will have Daiya on the shelves soon. See below:

Finally, that delicious vegan “cheese” will be available off the shelf. Their first retail shipment went out last week and the plan is for every Whole Foods nationwide to have it on the shelves sometime in the next 4 weeks. Look for it…and more importantly ask for it!

This is the perfect opportunity to make vegan food for your cheese-eating friends and family and have them completely convinced that vegan food is delicious. It melts, oozes, stretches, bubbles and browns just like cheese. Learn more here: http://www.daiyafoods...­
Betsy K.
user 11269426
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 6
I'll definitely try it! This might have been mentioned before, but on one of Colleen Patrick Goudreau's podcasts she talked about a product called Sheese, and said that Three Little Figs market in Boulder carried it.
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 106
Daiya Cheese is now available at the Whole Foods off Academy! It's in a grated form and not a block and comes in Cheddar or Mozzarella. Good for dishes that needs a cheese that melts. I believe I paid $4.39 for 8 oz bag.

I also do like the flavor of Vegan Gourmet cheese as well but it does not melt as well as Daiya.

A former member
Post #: 23
we had it on pizza at poor richard's last weekend and thought it was good. i'm not sure about the smell, but it was fun to have pizza with 'cheese' for a change. also got the cheddar for quesadillas at home this week - the kids loved them! i'm not usually a fan of vegan cheese but this one seems like the best i've tried.