addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 107
We made a pizza last night with Daiya and it was good and melty. I think next time I will make a pizza with half Vegan Gourmet and half Daiya and see which one I like better. Here is my opinion on it though. Just the taste right out of the bag I would choose Vegan Gourmet because I think the taste is better. However for melting Daiya seems to be better especially on top of casseroles that seem to never melt with Vegan Gourmet. A tip with Daiya is that you don't need too much. We had a pizza in Denver with it and they put way too much and the taste was not much to be desired.

Vegan Gourmet melts well with panini's for some reason. It's really the only way I have gotten it to truely melt.

Update: Had Daiya on a tofu scramble breakfast burrito and it was so good!! I have the recipe for the Tofu Scramble posted on the Message Board if interested. With the salsa there was a lot of flavor going on but it seemed like real cheese in the burrito.