Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Costco does a GREAT job carrying Organic/Health Food

Costco does a GREAT job carrying Organic/Health Food

Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 35
I know a lot of you are Costco members but if you aren't, they might be worth looking into. Especially since they are opening their second location on South Nevada.

Their product line is great. Favorites they carry for us are (Sorry I don't have pricing for everything. Next time I go I'll try and get all that info):

cases of Rice Milk
Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts
Organic Cane Sugar
Organic Spinach or Mixed Greens
Organic Silk Soy Milk
Organic Milk
Organic Oatmeal
Almond Butter
Amy's Soups and various frozen meals
Bob's Red Mill (Quinoa, and Gluten Free products)
Agave Syrup
Pure Maple Syrup
Broccoli, Peppers, Asparagus, Mushrooms, Avocados, Tomatoes, etc. (some are seasonal)
Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Grapes, Cranberries, Pomagranate (some are seasonal)
2 packs of Organic Bread - Rudi's Organic, and Alpine Valley Multi Grain w/ Omega-3
Tillamook Cheese
Hummus
Madras Lentils
Brown Rice
Whole Wheat Pasta
Organic frozen strawberries, blueberries, cherries
Organic Stewed and Diced Tomatoes, Organic Tomato Paste
Annie's Organic Mac n' Cheese
Veggie Straws
Cliff Bars
Organic Denver Tofu (2 pack...$3)
B-12
Environmentally friendly Dish Soap and Laundry Detergent

Now, their product line changes a lot. They do a good job changing out and adding new items but some of the above are not always stocked. If you see an * next to the product name/price it means they will not be stocking again or again anytime soon. You can always put in requests for them to carry a certain product as well.

I've probably forgotten something so please add if you have a favorite. I buy most all our produce there since we go through it so quickly and the bulk is nice to have.
A former member
Post #: 13
This is great info Shannon! I didn't realize they carried so much healthy stuff. There's only 2 of us in the house so I never thought a bulk club membership would be useful for us, but there's a lot of stuff on your list that will last more than a few days that we could stock up on. I might have to watch for the mail for their membership specials in the near future & check them out smile
Sharon Schulman, B...
SharonSchulman
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 15
Thanks Shannon
I believe they also carry a huge box of veggieburgers and they used to carry the Lara bars, however you can find them on sale cheaper at King Soopers and Vit. Cottage from time to time.
For a year we had membership in both clubs, then dropped Cosco and kept with Sam's, they accept all credit cards too. However, they discontinued so many things we wanted, and if they don't restock them, we will then transfer back to Cosco. What I don't like at Cosco is to buy gas, you have to have an American Express card. Also the same is when you pay at checkout it's, AX or check... for those of us who have to use CCards, that is inconvenient. But I highly suggest going to the clubs one time free, to check them out!

Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 44
Sorry, when I get a chance I'd still like to post the prices. Jelena, I'm not sure if they ever offer discounted memberships. You can always go visit. Go to the membership desk and tell them you'd just like to walk through the store to see if it's somewhere you'd like to join. Double check with them about membership discounts. They also run great monthly coupons on various items (up to $2, $3, $5, etc. off).

I was in a Sam's a long, long time ago so I am currently unfamiliar with their product line. I do think there is a difference though. At Costco you can use any debit card to check out and to pay for gas (yes, it is correct you can't use credit unless it's American Express). Any debit card works great though!