addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Watercourse- Veg Restaurant Denver

Watercourse- Veg Restaurant Denver

Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 75
One of the closest 100 % vegetarian restaurants to Colorado Springs is Watercourse in Denver. It's more set up for informal dining even though the name sounded more upscale to me. They have a good menu selection and all there bakery items are vegan. The eggs they use are cage free which is great and most items seems to be able to be made vegan. Also City o City is also vegetarian and has pizza's that can be made vegan too. I took my relatives to Watercourse there when they visited and they seemed to like the food. Check out there website and menu below.

http://www.watercours...­
Elizabeth
user 8091234
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 48
I'm so excited. I'll get to eat there on the 11th since we fly into Denver for our visit home! I've been to City O' City, and they are owned, I think, by the same people. City O' City also has vegan baked goods which they get from Watercourse.
I like City O' City, I accidentally discovered it one day, had no idea it was even veg friendly, let alone vegetarian/vegan! What luck. I like the pizza, and they have an "animal lover's" which truely is as all the meat on it is seitan/mock.biggrin
A former member
Post #: 6
watercourse is awesome, we've never had problems getting vegan meals there and always enjoy the dessert. too bad they don't have one in colorado springs.
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 50
We liked Watercourse however the wait was incredibly long and service slow on the day we were there. Our sandwiches were good (expected them to be amazing based on the reviews we read beforehand). If we find ourselves in the area again we'll go back (and maybe call ahead to put our name on the waiting list if they are busy). Their menu is extensive and it's always exciting to see vegetarian/vegan food on a menu.

On a side note, locally, we love to support Adam's Mountain Cafe. Our meals have always been excellent and the overall dining experience wonderful.

My sister recently ate at Trinity Brewery (it's been awhile since we were last there) and it seems they have added more vegan/vegetarian options. It's another excellent option here in town. I'd recommend going during lunch or early dinner (before the bar crowd). Only other negative is it's small, but oh well, where else in town can you get VeganBuffalo Wings, Seitan Stuffed Bell Peppers, Biscuits with Vegetarian Sausage Gravy or Sweet Potato Enchiladas!!
A former member
Post #: 8
would you say adam's is vegan friendly? we haven't been yet and most of their menu items seem to contain cheese. we've been to trinity when it first opened and i didn't like it too much. i'm glad to see they've added some menu items so i'm sure we'll try it again sometime.
Elizabeth
user 8091234
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 49
They can be. They at least know the word and what it means. They prepare everything fresh when you order so it's very easy for them to not put cheese in your food! I've had the burrito from the lunch menu, and it was tasty. They have some tofu stuff, I'm not sure what's in those though.
Noodles has a few things that are/can be vegan. They won't give out ingredient lists, but they have allergen charts.
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 51
Yes, Adam's is Vegan friendly. We ate there just recently and they always have a couple vegan options (but I will say your options are limited). Options for kids are a PBJ sandwich, sides of tofu, sides veggies, sides of avocado, steamed brown rice, toasted nuts, etc. The special we had, which it sounds like they are going to be adding to their main menu, was EXCELLENT (you could add Tofu or Tempeh for extra).....rice noodles topped with shredded veggies, a vegan sweet and spicy sauce, peanuts and cilantro. The portions aren't crazy big and people may consider it to be pricey but it's worth paying in our opinion! The atmosphere and service is great as well. For dessert we had a really yummy Vegan Rice Pudding! You could always call out there beforehand to see what their specials are and which items on their menu can be made vegan....just to ensure your first time there will be positive! Reservations are also encouraged.

http://www.adamsmountain.com/­

As far as Trinity goes, my sister was also saying they offer a Vegan Ranch Dip option with their Buffalo Wings and you can substitute Tempeh in their BLT and they have Veganaise! Wow! I'm impressed! They seem like the best place in town to go eat a vegan meal. I think they have come a long way since they first opened. The food may be more on the good side than the excellent side but I'm all about supporting them based on their vegan friendly menu!
A former member
Post #: 9
thanks for all the info. we've only lived here 2 yrs so are not up on all the veg offerings in town. we will certainly try adam's and trinity soon. ~g
Sharon Schulman, B...
SharonSchulman
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 17
Merry Christmas everyone...
Thanks for all the great information on dinning. I'm always starved for new places to eat. Denver is special, we travel in and out of it so much so we are always looking to eat there whenever possible.
I wanted to say, we love Watercourse, (esp the hours) and have been eating there for quite a few years when they were located near the Capital. Now they are 'uptown'. The ruben sandwich is mighty good and I find the prices better than Adams. Of course it's been about 3 or 4 years since we ate at Adams and we found it expensive then and not as good so we never went back. We were spoiled.
But then I could be wrong, as we used to eat at the Old Adams every Sunday for brunch. Ravi and I even had our wedding rehearsal dinner there in Jan 90. It was so small and we took up nearly the whole place. It was quaint and cheap then. We wanted everyone to eat vegetarian so we 'forced' it on them. We had a girlfriend, who was a caterer, do our wedding reception completely vegetarian...of course I wouldn't have done anything other than Veg. BBQ tofu and our wedding cake was carrot. I was impressed with her desire to give us what we wanted and for all our guest to enjoy it and eat everything.
I will have to try Trinity out as it sound great from all the feedback.
Although it has been closed for 1/2 the year and hopefully will reopen, it is more than 25 years old is Govinda's, the Hare Krishna restaurant at 14th and Cherry off Colfax. It's 100% vegetarian and some vegan. We absolutely make it a point to stop there most of the time, except since it's closed, it's been disapointing. They are looking for a chef who is willing to stay for a few years, like the last one. And whether you believe in their faith, unlike other places, the food is blessed. We appreciate eating food that has the blessing.
A Denver buffet that is not veg, but offers some veg soups and salads is Sweet Tomatoes. There are 4 locations and whenever we fly back into Denver, we stop at the one just out of town off of Park Meadow Drive. It's just better than most buffets by a Loooong shot.
Well, we just got back from Maui and that is a great place to be a vegetarian/veg. The 3 natural food stores all have hot food bars and lots of vegan. However, the prices are very high... it's expensive living in paradise. Fresh coconuts are $3.89 and we buy them for under $2 here. Gas was $3.77. But of how beautiful indeed and friendly.
If you do eat cheese, and/or need to go out with family who aren't veg, Amanda's Fonda Mex food is great. She makes an awesome Spinach enchilada. When you eat there, no one in your group can bug you about your diet. We eat very little cheese and so we eat there maybe twice a year.
Keep up the good suggestions everyone and have a great day today and the new year...Sharon Santa's tired, so good night.