Jay
user 8858691
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 5
I haven't read it, but someone told me about a book that sounds different- it's all about how your blood type can tell which foods are best for you. It's called "Eat right 4 your type : the individualized diet solution to staying healthy, living longer & achieving your ideal weight : 4 blood types, 4 diets" by Dr. Peter D'Adamo. "The premise is that the four blood types--O, A, B, and AB--are the key to our immune systems. There is a strong and proven chemical reaction, positive or negative, between blood type and the foods one eats. Each type requires its own diet, exercise, and meal plans; vitamin supplements; and personality profile."

I have no idea how much, if any, of the book relates to vegetarianism/veganism and you have to know your blood type, but some people may still find it helpful or interesting. Amazon has it and also the library.
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Right-Your-Type-Individualized/dp/039914255X­
A former member
Post #: 1
I have heard that the book says that type 'A' is the most natural vegetarian and type 'O' is a natural carnivore. I am not sure what research, if any, they have done to back that up. I have not read the book myself.
Jay
user 8858691
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 6
I have heard that the book says that type 'A' is the most natural vegetarian and type 'O' is a natural carnivore. I am not sure what research, if any, they have done to back that up. I have not read the book myself.

Yes, I also heard that people with type A blood are supposedly more vegetarian inclined, but I don't know how valid any of it is either. I'm not going to rush to get my blood tested in order to read the book lol- but interesting theory.
Elizabeth
user 8091234
Fargo, ND
Post #: 89
Dr. Campbell from the China Study referred to it as quackery, I believe. He also mentioned the author wasn't even an M.D. and didn't actually have any qualifications to write an actual book. I'm not sure if it has studies to back any of this up? I've never looked at it, but I'd be curious about that...