Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 67
These are some good quotes. Add your own favorite if you have one.

"Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
- Mohandas Gandhi

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures."
-The Dalai Lama

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being."
- Abraham Lincoln

"We cannot have peace among men whose hearts delight in killing any living creature. By every act that glorifies or even tolerates such moronic delight in killing we set back the progress of humanity."
- Rachel Carson

"I was so moved by the intelligence,sense of fun and personalities of the animals I worked with on Babe that by the end of the film I was a vegetarian."
- James Cromwell

"There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher animals in their mental faculties... The lower animals, like man, manifestly feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery."
- Charles Darwin

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields."
- Leo Tolstoy

"This is what you should do;
love the Earth and sun and the animals"...
- Walt Whitman

"There can be no justification for causing suffering to animals simply to serve man's pleasure or simply to enhance man's lifestyle."
- The Dean of York

A former member
Post #: 3
thanks for pulling these together for us! these are great
Mika
user 3637319
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 402
These are nice, thank you.
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 130
I was on the 2011 Veg Fest Website today and found a number of quotes/statements they have compiled. Here are a few...
(visit their website to see the full list and maybe add your favorite)

"Animals are my friends-and I don't eat my friends."
--George Bernard Shaw

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
--Albert Einstein

"I went snorkeling and noticed how gently the fish welcomed us into their world.. as compared to the violence with which we welcomed them into ours. I became a vegetarian."
--Syndee Brinkman

"I don't understand why asking people to eat a well-balanced vegetarian diet is considered drastic, while it is medically conservative to cut people open and put them on cholesterol-lowering drugs for the rest of their lives."
--Dean Ornish, MD

"Basically we should stop doing those things that are destructive to the environment, other creatures, and ourselves and figure out new ways of existing."
--Moby

"You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car."
--Harvey Diamond

"Excessive animal protein is at the core of many chronic diseases."
--Dr.Campbell

"We don't live the lives of Eskimos. We don't need to kill animals for fashion."
--Charlize Theron

"All creation has the same right to life."
--Sun Bear and Jaya Bear

"Humans are the only hunters who kill when not hungry."
--Steven Spielberg

"Isn't man an amazing animal? He kills wildlife - birds, kangaroos, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers,
groundhogs, mice, foxes and dingoes - by the million in order to protect his domestic animals and their feed.
Then he kills domestic animals by the billion and eats them. This in turn kills man by the millions, because
eating all those animals leads to degenerative - and fatal - health conditions like heart disease, kidney disease,
and cancer. So then man tortures and kills millions more animals to look for cures for these diseases. Elsewhere,
millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being
used to fatten domestic animals. Meanwhile, some people are dying of sad laughter at the absurdity of man, who
kills so easily and so violently, and once a year, sends out cards praying for Peace on Earth."
-- David Coats, Old MacDonald's Factory Farm

A former member
Post #: 13
smile A few of my favorites: biggrin
Vegetarianism is literally about life and death — for each of us individually and for all of us together. Eating animals simultaneously contributes to a multitude of tragedies: the animals’ suffering and death; the ill-health and early death of people; the unsustainable overuse of oil, water, land, topsoil, grain, labor and other vital resources; environmental destruction, including deforestation, species extinction, mono-cropping and global warming.....Dan Brooke

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer;
...no disease that enough love will not heal;
no door that enough love will not open;
no gulf that enough love will not bridge;
no wall that enough love will not throw down;
no sin that enough love will not redeem . . .
It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble;
how hopeless the outlook;
how muddled the tangle;
how great the mistake.
A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.
If only you could love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world.~Emmet Fox

'Truely' man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds theirs. We live by the death of others: we are burial places! I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. ~Leonardo da Vinci
Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 147
"Bump" for Xavier