Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Did you guys hear about this?

Did you guys hear about this? (PETA's offer to sponsor trash removal in COS parks)

A former member
Post #: 55
This article from the Gazette discusses how PETA offered to pay for trash removal in our city parks if they could place ads on the trash cans, but the city council rejected the offer. I'm not normally a fan of PETA, but this is an interesting article.
Liz C.
user 10934895
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 8
Its really sad to see people come up with great innovative solutions to local problems and then have them turned down because the local 'leaders' are afraid it is going to encroach on something that is so destructive (meat) yet so 'comforting' to them. I wonder if there would be more public backlash if the proposed add stated the same message but didn't have the lettuce-bikini girl.... Maybe the excuse then would be, well we don't want to spark uncomfortable conversations with meat-eating parents and their kids. Wish there was something we could do about this....
Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 102
I had not heard of it so thanks for sharing! For those that read the article do the quick vote to see what others think. I like the message but maybe a toned down picture might make it better. I think it's great and would be nice for the Springs especially because of the budget here and it would get out advertising that meat is bad for the environment. The only message that they wanted to use was: “Meat Trashes the Planet. Go Vegan."