Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › April Potluck Recipes

April Potluck Recipes

Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 109
Post your recipes to share from this month's potluck under this Discussion.

Our panini's today were super simple.

Sourdough Bread slices
Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese - Monterey Jack
Sundried Tomato and Olive Bruschetta Topping - from Whole Foods
Sliced baby portabella mushrooms
Olive Oil

Brush the outsides of the bread with olive oil. Place your bottom slice of bread down- oil side on plate. Spread sundried tomato and olive topping first. Then add the mushrooms and then the cheese. Then place the top piece of bread on top. Place in a panini maker and cook till ready. Simple but oh so good : )
A former member
Post #: 28
Tuna (Free) Salad - adapted from a recipe in VegNews magazine by Allison Rivers Samson

30 oz (2 cans) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped (i used shallot for the potluck)
1/2 cup (2 stalks) celery, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup dill pickle, finely chopped (i used 3 pickle slices)
2T nori seaweed flakes (i used arame, broken up)
1/2 cup vegan mayo
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

1. in a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a potato masher or back of a fork (i chop up in the food processor. it's easier and the texture is better).
2. fold in chopped onion, celery, garlic and pickle. add seaweed, mayo, salt, and pepper and combine thoroughly.
3. i like to let this sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the seaweed can soften and the flavors can meld.
4. serve on lightly toasted sourdough bread with lettuce and pickle. serves 6.
A former member
Post #: 2

Vegan Rice Crispy Treats - Recipe from Alicia Silverstone's book "The Kind Diet"

* 1 box brown rice crisps cereal
* 1 3/4 cups brown rice syrup
* Fine sea salt
* 3/4 cup almond butter (you can also use peanut butter)
* 1/2 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate (you can also use carob sweetened)

Preparation

Pour rice cereal into a large bowl. Heat the syrup with a pinch of salt in a saucepan over low heat. When the rice syrup liquefies, add the peanut butter and stir until well combined. Pour over the rice cereal. Mix well with a wooden spoon.

Once thoroughly mixed and cooled to room temperature, stir in the chocolate chips. Make sure the mixture is cool, or you will end up with melted chocolate instead of chocolate chips in your treats.

Turn the mixture out into an 8x8” or 9x13’” baking dish. Wet your wooden spoon lightly and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool for 1 hour -- if you can -- before cutting into squares or bars.

A former member
Post #: 2
This looks delicious!!!