Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Picnic on the Prairie 2010 - Sunday, May 16, Noon - 3 PM / Produce Donation

Picnic on the Prairie 2010 - Sunday, May 16, Noon - 3 PM / Produce Donation

Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 90
If you missed our trip to Peaceful Prairie and would like the opportunity to visit, this would be a great event to attend. You truly will smile the entire time you are there! It's a 1 hr. 40 min. drive from the Springs but if you live out east, it will be quicker.

http://www.peacefulprairie.org/eNews/picnic10.html­

On a side note. The Sunflower Market up in Denver occasionally donates expired produce. A volunteer picks it up and drives it out there (the animals LOVE this special treat...we got to see firsthand them gobble it all up). When I was at Sunflower Market this week the produce manager was not in. I inquired though and they thought this might be possible since it would be for animals (they have health concerns handing over expired produce - not intended to be consumed by people). I'll have to be in touch again though with the actual manager. If anyone has connections with Sunflower Market, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, etc. and/or might be able to help us round up a donation for the animals of the Sanctuary every now and then let me know.

Thanks,
Shannon
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for posting this. It looks like an awesome place. I'd love to take Emily.