Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Message Board › Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill

user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 134
Tried the restaurant Garbanzo's yet? Almost everything is vegetarian and a lot is vegan. Plus it's clearly marked "vegetarian"/"vegan"­ at the restaurant and on their website which is unusual. There was an ad in the Independent that had a review on the place so we tried it out. The food was good and their falafals had a good flavor I think. They only have one location currently in Colorado Springs but 2 more are suppose to open. This is a Chipotle style eatery so nothing fancy. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Nutritional Menu:
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 102
Sounds yummy! Will have to try it out when we are in town next.

Have you tried out OPB&J? We got a "groupon" for it. It's gotten good reviews on Yelp. They have some interesting combinations. Most appear skeptical at first but once they try it, they're pleasantly surprised. Looks like there are plenty of fruits and veggies to choose from (to top your peanut butter). One write up mentioned them getting their bread from Great Harvest Bread Co. However, I think they use an egg wash. Maybe they have vegan bread options.

Yelp Reviews:­

Facebook Page:­

Write Ups:­­
A former member
Post #: 4
ate there a few weeks ago, not bad--i will definitely revisit. enjoyed the fact that things were labeled "vegan", so there wasn't confusion of the server not understanding what exactly that means.

Although that little bakery in the natural food store in Manitou has things labeled "vegan" but also lists honey as an ingredient, so maybe i should have double checked the ingredients at Garbanzo.

Pb&J place downtown, went in there awhile back and was told that although they have vegan stuff, all of the bread they serve has an egg-wash on it. so we left.
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 135
Garbanzo lists all their ingredients online which is nice. I wish more places would do that. Also Panera Bread lists their ingredients online.

It's too bad so many places seem to use the egg wash on their breads. Found out that Wooglins uses egg wash but you could still order- sandwich style with a tortilla instead of bread. Also I think Poor Richard does too unless they now have a substitute? If anyone knows if Poor Richards has a bread alternative (without the egg wash) please post and let us know : )
Ann V S.
Morrison, CO
Post #: 368
Peter and I love that place. The only thing I don't like about it is the plastic dishes, even if you eat there. I always get a lid and then reuse them to take food to potlucks and give away cookies.