Portland mushroom hunters Message Board › Just Sayin' "Hey" . . .

Just Sayin' "Hey" . . .

A former member
Post #: 1
Since I joined this group a while back I guess I'd better check in well before the 11th of May. I'm really looking forward to wandering the back country in pusuit of morels this spring! The breaks from the rain, cancellation of that tedious inversion, and arrival of seed catalogues has got me thinking ahead to the meetup. In the mean time, I am getting my little teardrop trailer ready for the event.

I finally reached the point in life where sleeping on the ground ceased to be a viable option. The teardrop lets me combine the best of primitive camping without getting into the typical RV cycle. I personally have no desire to hang out in an aluminum ghetto, and for me this is the perfect solution. At any rate, I plan on arriving and setting up a day ahead of the meetup; if any other members are going to be camping in the area a rendezvous might be fun.

Cheers to all,

John
Karen B.
user 35600072
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
I'm motivated for May Morel Meetup! I found 2 kinds of Oregon truffles today..... at the Hillsdale farmer's Market. Pasta w/shaved truffles for dinner tonite.

Added photo of chanterelle forage last November -2 months later than usual due to lack of rain.