Columbia Writers is a close-knit group of dedicated writers and authors from all over the Balto-DC metro area. We take pride in each others' work and our shared goal is to encourage the work into its best possible version with the end goal of publication. All fiction genres are welcomed—we do not critique non-fiction or poetry.
Check out our blog here: https://columbiawriters.wordpress.com/
- 20/20 Critique Group (10 attendees): 2 writers submit up to 20 pages each. Prior attendance required before volunteering to submit. 20/20 IS THE SUGGESTED FIRST MEET FOR NEW MEMBERS.
- Small Group Critique (5 attendees): Every attendee submits up to 10 pages. Open to all.
- Novel in 6: Meets monthly for 6 months toward the goal of each member completing a novel. We work on pitches, first 5 pages, plot & character development, outlines, etc.
- As a group, we have published two anthologies currently available on Amazon: Bistro Bites andTrapped Tales.
- Extra events such as workshops, beta swaps, write-ins, conferences, etc.
- Awesome holiday parties, socials, and an annual retreat. Starving writers unite!
New members are welcome to apply provided they are able to regularly participate; click on 'join us' to complete the application questions. Please answer all 5 questions fully so we can determine if CW is a good fit for you. A photograph of yourself (i.e. headshot) is requested so we can look for you at your first meet. Also, look for us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbiawri... and Twitter at https://twitter.com/columbiawriters.
~ Columbia Writers
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Monday, October 24, 2016 10:00 AM
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:00 PM
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, October 31, 2016 10:00 AM
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, November 7, 2016 10:00 AM
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, November 14, 2016 10:00 AM
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 7:00 PM
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, November 21, 2016 10:00 AM
Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, November 28, 2016 10:00 AM
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, December 5, 2016 10:00 AM
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, December 12, 2016 10:00 AM
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:00 PM
Monday, December 19, 2016 10:00 AM
Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:00 PM