Help support your MeetupChip in
Columbia Writers is a close-knit group of dedicated writers and authors from all over the Balto-DC metro area. We take pride in each others' work and our shared goal is to encourage the work into its best possible version with the end goal of publication. All fiction genres are welcomed—we do not critique non-fiction or poetry.
Check out our blog/ website here: https://columbiawriters.wordpress.com/
- 20/20 Critique Group (10 attendees): 2 writers submit up to 20 pages each. Prior attendance required before volunteering to submit.
- Small Group Critique (5 attendees): Every attendee submits up to 10 pages. Open to all.
- CORE Small Group Critique (8 attendees): Every attendee submits up to 10 pages. For members who've attended 50+ CW meets or by invitation.
- Novel in 6: Meets monthly for 6 months toward the goal of each member completing a novel. We work on pitches, first 5 pages, plot & character development, outlines, etc.
- As a group, we have published two anthologies currently available on Amazon, Bistro Bites andTrapped Tales.
- Workshops and guest speakers. We welcome visitors from all areas of writing to share their expertise: blogging, self-publishing, traditional publishing, agents, competition judges, etc. Please contact Jen for more information.
- Awesome holiday parties, socials, and an annual retreat. Starving writers unite!
New members are welcome to apply provided they are able to regularly participate; click on 'join us' to complete the application questions. Please answer all 5 questions fully so we can determine if CW is a good fit for you. A photograph of yourself (i.e. headshot) is requested so we can look for you at your first meet. Also, look for us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbiawri... and Twitter at https://twitter.com/columbiawriters.
~ Columbia Writers
632 Book Lovers
71 Individuals with chronic pain
401 Charm City Redditors