$2.00 per month
This covers: Website hosting, handouts, and the occasional promo/marketing materials.
Payment is accepted using:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
Columbia Writers is a close-knit group of dedicated writers and authors from all over Maryland. We take pride in each others' work and our shared goal is to encourage the work into its best possible version with the end goal of publication. All fiction genres are welcomed—we do not critique non-fiction or poetry.
- 1st and 3rd Thurs meets (limit of 10 attendees): 2 writers submit up to 20 pages each. Prior attendance required before volunteering to submit.
- 2nd Weds/4th Thursday meets (limit of 5 attendees): Every attendee submits up to 10 pages each. *on holiday break, will resume in January*
- Novel in 6: Meets monthly for 6 months toward the goal of each member completing a novel. We work on pitches, first 5 pages, plot & character development, outlines, etc.
- We are currently in the final editing stages of our second group anthology, Trapped Tales.
- Workshops and guest speakers on occasion. We welcome visitors from all areas of writing to share their expertise: blogging, self-publishing, traditional publishing, agents, competition judges, etc. Please contact Jen for more information.
- Awesome holiday parties and socials. Starving writers unite!
New members are welcome to apply provided they are able to regularly participate; click on 'join us' to complete the application questions. Please answer all 5 questions fully so we can determine if CW is a good fit for you. A photograph of yourself (i.e. headshot) is requested so we can look for you at your first meet. Also, look for us on Facebook and Twitter.
~ Columbia Writers