addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 10
I'm betting everybody now displays their photos on a tablet rather than in print when they go to see clients/friends?

Which tablet do you use? I'm looking at quite a few - the market seems flooded at the moment, which is good as prices should begin to fall.
A former member
Post #: 16
In the end I got a CPO Nook Color. It's fairly decent. It's very tied down Android but the one gallery feature seems to do all I need. I'm happy.
sharon j.
user 38164642
Columbia, SC
Post #: 13
I have a Mac so I have an iPad. I love the quality and of course no tablet out there has the amount of apps that ipad has, at least not yet. And you can get a second generation for quite cheap if you look around with the same warranty etc. That is what I have and found I don't need to upgrade at all.

regards
sharon j.
user 38164642
Columbia, SC
Post #: 14
I might also add, you DON'T need a mac to use iPad! It will work w pcs as well.
Marilyn K.
mmkay
Irmo, SC
Post #: 6
I recently acquired a Kindle Fire HD - 7 inch tablet. It's heavier than the Mac mini and a heck of a lot cheaper. I still prefer to print my images -- at least those that are worthwhile to print and frame -- that way I know that what you see is what I want you to see, not something that on one screen appears darker, lighter, paler, more contrasty, -- you get the picture (pun intended) -- than what I intended.
I still don't trust the electronic version to translate across all monitors equally. With that said, the Kindle Fire HD is like any well made HD (shiny) back lit screen -- your darks are going to appear darker and the colors seem a bit more saturated than they would in print. And of course backlighting makes a lot of things look better -- it's the new "in look" for photographs. It is easier to carry and access than a traditional portfolio but, as far as I am concerned, there is still no viable substitute for the photographic print. I guess I am just old fashioned :)