addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Columbia Camera Club Message Board › New Years Day Sunrise Photoshoot?

New Years Day Sunrise Photoshoot?

Ralph H.
RalphHightower
Columbia, SC
Post #: 12
Is anyone up for a photoshoot to photograph the first sunrise of 2013 over Columbia from the Lake Murray Dam?

Sunrise is at 7:31 AM. I'll be there about 30-45 minutes before sunrise. WIS is predicting 30% chance of precipitation and a low of in the upper 30s. Parking is available on the Irmo side and Lexington side (not the lake access part) of the dam.

The pedestrian walkway on the dam offers a great view of the Columbia skyline.

I was out there last year on 1/1/2012 and I wasn't the only one with the same idea; doing that inspired me to do the Equinox/Solstice Sunrise project. Yea, I was the only fool on the walkway on the day of that blustery Mayan Apocalypse day of winter.
A former member
Post #: 1
What a great idea! I have to work that day, so going to Lake Murray is not feasible for me. I hope you get some interested people. What dedication, being out there on the "Mayan Apocalypse."
Annemarie K.
AnnemarieK
Columbia, SC
Post #: 5
Great idea Ralph! I'll have house guests or I would love to participate!
sharon j.
user 38164642
Columbia, SC
Post #: 15
Would love to! What a great idea....BUT....am in California heading to Arizona to photograph Antelope Canyon and the Wave!. See you when I get bak. regards
Mark E.
user 40342102
Irmo, SC
Post #: 1
I'm game... See you around 6:45Am