Columbia Camera Club Message Board › Fall foliage

Fall foliage

Somebody F.
user 26977202
Lexington, SC
Post #: 13
I'm thinking of taking a trip up North to take some fall foliage photos.

I don't want to go to:

Chimney Rock/ Devil's Kitchen

Table Rock

Little Switzerland

I have been to all those places and don't need to go back to them. I need some originality.

I don't want to travel too far - I don't really want to have to spend the money on a roach motel on the way but if I have to... Thus, I am trying to stay within a range of about 200 miles of Columbia.

Has anybody any suggestions? I'd love to do a nice watermill surrounded by fall foliage or a nice valley but don't know if there are any around. The nicest watermill I have seen in photos is in Virginia anyway. That's too far North. It's doable during my 3 day weekend but I'm not so sure I want to.
cathy h.
user 87355242
Pelion, SC
Post #: 1
there is a Watermill/Grist mill on the road to Forest City. You go up I-26 and take the first exit (if I remember correctly). it will on the left. It will make a beautiful shot if the colors are right. If you are interested in wildlife, Elk are now in North Carolina in Catalluchie (?), which is just off I-40.. Long winding one lane road down into the valley. Should be beautiful this time of the year.