|Sent on:||Friday, October 21, 2011 7:28 AM|
The reorganizational meeting on Wednesday evening was quite successful in putting together some specifics for our club. Besides agreeing that BOOK DISCUSSION is the basic goal for the club, the members agreed on the following:
1. Meetings will be held on the SECOND TUESDAY of each month.
2. Meeting time is 6:30, allowing for a half hour of socializing, with book discussion to begin at 7:00, lasting for at least an hour, with more social time following.
3. There will be a $5.00 membership fee, and a $3.00 cost per meeting, probably to be instituted by January 1, 2012. (Most members do not know that "MeetUp" charges for the use of their site. Patty paid $75.00 to continue use of the site for 3 more months.) How these fees will be received is being discussed, and it is hoped that we can establish a PayPal account for this purpose.) Christine said she would serve as Treasurer.
4. The new management team for CARD is Tina Cooper Coelho, Hilary Keppery and Pam (couldn't find your last name). Since Tina has been in regular contact with me, I'm asking her to take responsibility for adding the three to the Leadership Team. My sole purpose was to get things reorganized, and I'm delighted to pass the torch to these three. Now I can just look forward to attending and discussing!
5. An annual book list will be developed. If you have suggestions for the list, which should be available by December, please send them to the leadership team.
There will be some among the membership who would have preferred a different meeting time. Because the group is so large, it is easily possible to start other groups. There may be those who want to meet during the day (and I might join that one, too). I had one gentleman send a note asking if men could join...so perhaps another group for both men and women.
Tina, Hilary and Pam, please add whatever info I may have forgotten...and thanks for taking charge!
Hope to see you on November 8! (Tombo Grille was suggested as the meeting place, and I'm just waiting for that to be confirmed by them.)