“Play energizes us and enlivens us. It eases our burdens. It renews our natural sense of optimism and opens us up to new possibilities.” ~ Stuart Brown, MD - Contemporary American Psychiatrist
The Busy Bees are a large collective of Moms all through the Midlands area. Our goal is to help new to the area moms, or ladies new to being moms, find a connection, a friend, a group of ladies they live near, or have things in common with. We don't expect everyone to attend everything. We hope that from this bigger group you will find your own little group of support, friendship, and laughs. At the end of the day, this group is to help support Stay at Home Moms (and Dads!) with more options for "what to do" and "where to go" and "who can I talk into going with me!" Our events are centered around Lexington, West Columbia, Irmo, Harbison and occasionally downtown. We have home playdates, zoo outings, museum outings, park trips, and swim meet-ups. You are welcome to read through our Pages to learn more about our active & fun group!
There are so many cool things about The Busy Bees:
· Our Members (The Bees!) - We have such an amazing group of families! Honestly, they are.
· Our very active Facebook Group – Especially useful for brand-new parents and those brand-new to Columbia!
· Moms Nights Out (MNOs), Moms Nights In, and Couples Nights - We have lots of the first and we’d LOVE to have more of the other two!
· The Busy Bees Book Club – This group reads all sorts of books, it is as diverse as our members. Meets once a month, kid-free!
· The Busy Bees Helping Hands Series - Your chance to be involved in the community, teach your children the benefits of helping others, and in general make the world a better place.
Come join us!
“Bees do have a smell, you know, and if they don’t they should, for their feet are dusted with spices from a million flowers.” ~Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine
*When submitting an Application to Join, PLEASE keep a sharp eye on your messages. You will receive a message from an Organizer soon after submitting your application and we cannot approve you if we cannot contact you. Thanks!