Hocking Hills Ride

THE RIDE IS A GO! THE RADAR IS CLEAR!

 

John Brake's & Diane's 

HOCKING HILLS!!

 
RIDER SKILLSET FOR THIS RIDE: Intermediate rider and above
skillsets: Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced

 

GROUP SAFETY, ride responsibly, no “trick” riding and absolutely no alcoholic consumption during the ride. We ride staggered formation 2 -3 seconds apart on normal roadways, single file on curvy and/or narrow roads. No "football field" gaps in the group formation. If you are unsure of how to group ride, please refer to the “Pages” section of the website. There will be a riders meeting prior to departure.

If this ride has a large number of bikes, we will break down into smaller groups. The groups will be created by skillset/type of rider. We did this in the Smokies and it worked out well. The google map route is below and I will upload the route to the "Files" section of our Meetup site.


Arrive with full gas tanks. 

Riders meeting 8:40 AM

Kickstands up at 9:00 AM (be ready to roll)

163 miles   4 hour riding time. (6 -6.5 hours total with lunch and breaks)

 


THE ROUTE: (google map)

Stringtown to ST RT104

St RT 104S to OH56E

Break at Laurelville, OH

OH180E to OH374E

OH374 to US33E
US33 to OH180W
OH180W OH678S
OH678S to OH374W
OH374W to OH664S
OH664S to OH56W

Lunch at Jimbo's. Jimbo's opens at 11 am and we should arrive about that time. **JIMBOS IS CASH ONLY**


OH56E to OH93N
OH93N to US33W
US33w to OH664S
OH664S to OH56W

Break at Laurelville, OH

OH56W to St Rt104N
St Rt104N to Stringtown rd.
Stringtown Rd to I-71 interchange, end of ride, head home.

Hope to see you there!

 

~ John & Diane

Join or login to comment.

  • Tyler P.

    Great ride as always.

    July 8, 2013

  • Nate B.

    The weather turned out great. we rode through a short rain which cleared up right after I put my rain suit on. On the way home I pealed off on Rt 23 north back to Columbus. The weather was sunny. I decided to go to Iron Pony to replace the glove I left at Jimbo's. On the way home from Iron Pony I was caught in a downpour which I would have missed if I had went straight home. But I loved the ride and would do it again in a heartbeat. Awesome people. Loved Mary's dog.

    July 1, 2013

  • Brooks R.

    This was my third ride with this group and unlike the last fiasco this turned out to be one beautiful day ! The ride down was great enjoyed the chance to get away from the drama of life and enjoy some great peoples company. Jimbo's was defiantly super ! the burgers were the best I have had so far, the ride home was interesting as we got sprinkled on for about 20 min MY first time in the rain on a bike sorry folks for me was a bit unnerving not being able to see or having full control of the bike. It went smoothly though I look forward to the next rides this month thanks Diane for another successful ride !! BTW Tom thanks for the info on the air compressor never have a a low tire again

    June 30, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Great time

    1 · June 30, 2013

  • Donley S.

    a very nice ride - only a few minutes of rain - overall - absolutely enjoyable -

    June 30, 2013

  • Sam, I a.

    I hightailed it back to W'ville on 33 and 270 after the Logan break and skipped the twisties on the return leg. Stayed dry the entire trip.
    That was a fun outing and Casey, the intrepid canine passenger was the star of the day. You may some of the recognize some of the members in this small clip. The ride video needs editing before becoming Youtube ready:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wkgBnuR-dms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    June 30, 2013

  • Jeff

    I'm happy the weather worked out as well as it did, almost perfect day for riding. My first ride to this area of Ohio. Good to meet more people in this group also. Jimbos' burgers were jumbo!

    1 · June 29, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    That was a great ride with everyone.... everyone was very nice. Ride home well going north to akron I had hail and rain for about 85 miles...... would I do it again YES!!!!!!

    June 29, 2013

  • Mary Jane (.

    What a great ride! Nice to meet and talk with the members of CMR I was lucky enough to ride with today. I look forward to more rides with the group and getting to know you all better. As you all rode north and I headed west to Cinci I rode straight into a patch of rain. As I looked north the sky was blue and I was wishing I was still with the group! I hope the rest of your ride was dry. Luckily as earlier it didn't last long and the sun was out in no time and I finished the ride warm and dry. I'm looking forward to our next ride together.

    1 · June 29, 2013

  • Don N.

    Had a great time today. Met a lot of people I did not know since I have only been on 1 other ride with this group. Had fun with everybody and hope to see everyone again on a ride soon. I did not expect to lead a group but enjoyed doing it. Thanks to everyone that planned and helped pull this ride off. Nice to see such a mix of riders and bikes.

    1 · June 29, 2013

  • Andy

    Nice to meet more new riders to the group. Jimbo's was good as always. I think it was a great idea to break into smaller groups. We were very lucky with the little amount of rain we ran into.

    June 29, 2013

  • Tom

    What a great ride. Caught a little rain in the last part of the ride. Didn't last long...just long enough to dawn the rain gear and get moving again. Looking forward to the next one!

    June 29, 2013

  • Rob T.

    That was the best ride ever!
    Thanks for taking charge Diane!
    It was great hanging out with you all - already looking forward to the next ride.

    June 29, 2013

  • Don N.

    See everyone there!

    June 29, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    THE RIDE IS A GO! The radar is clear and the hourly forecasts for Logan mentions late afternoon.

    2 · June 29, 2013

  • Lynn K.

    I would lead but my bike is too loud & gives EVBODY a headache? I'm riding it TOMOR if by myself? I've been wet b4 & haven't melted yet!! LoL

    June 28, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    The route directions and a route map is uploaded in the files section. If there is a chance that you will help and lead a ride, either download the route to your GPS from the google map link or print off the route directions that is in the files section! :)

    June 28, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    A friendly reminder, we are stopping at Jimbo's for lunch and they are CASH ONLY.

    June 28, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Well .. this is messed up. I twisted my ankle pretty badly at work today and most likely will not be attending my own ride. Going to see how it feels in the morning but is left ankle and if I can't shift properly and painlessly I'll be sitting at home (jealously).
    If I don't make it, you guys have fun for me.

    June 28, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      ice, lots of ice John! I hope it isn't too bad and you can make it!

      June 28, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    I will have an extra pair of Frogg Toggs bottoms with me if anyone might need them tomorrow. They are a unisex size M. The zipper blew out of the jacket so I bought a new set.

    June 28, 2013

  • Lynn K.

    Anybody riden down tonite ?

    June 28, 2013

  • Everett C.

    I will leave my Gahanna area home and plan on just taking the outerbelt to 71 S.

    June 28, 2013

  • Brooks R.

    I have 30% chance on my weather channel so I'm game could you pls send me alternate meeting spot? sorry think I deleted the message about the change in venue

    June 28, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      Brooks, there is no alternate meeting spot for this ride. We are meeting at the McDonalds on Stringtown Rd in Grove City.

      June 28, 2013

  • Lynn K.

    Ok 40% chance of rain? That means 60% chance it won't!!!! It sounds like its spotty anyway? We can ALWS find a cave to get in? LoL

    June 28, 2013

  • Tami

    I don't think I will chance it with the weather not looking to promising.

    June 28, 2013

  • Derek

    will be going depending on the weather.

    June 28, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    This ride is being handled the same as any other ride pertaining to the weather forecast. Saturday morning the forecast will be checked at ACCUWEATHER . COM and the decision will be made if the ride is a go or not. If the ride is a go, and you decide not to join us, that is your decision. Everyone has their own position on rain/cold weather riding. If the ride is a go, and we run into rain that is more than a sprinkle.. drizzle, we will seek a place to stop and wait the rain out. The forecast currently shows spotty rain, not a constant all afternoon rain.

    2 · June 27, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      I will be leaving my house at 5am to be there for breakfast

      June 27, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      The weather will be checked early Friday morning and the decision will be made at that time. The decision will be posted by 5:00AM since there are riders coming from Akron and Cincinnatti.

      2 · June 28, 2013

  • Lynn K.

    Accuweather shows 60% ? The weather channel shows 30% ? I need a job like that!!! U don't ever have to be rite? LoL

    1 · June 27, 2013

  • Jack H.

    Now it is up to a 70% chance as was stated on TV this evening! Who knows, it might change back to 0% in 36 R's!

    June 27, 2013

  • Rob T.

    We won't ride in the rain. Got caught last year coming back from Newark area in the rain and got stormed on during a ride to CLand - too much danger for the two of us to risk. We'll watch the site for posting Sat morning. :)

    June 27, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Just wanted to let everyone know that we are watching the weather and will post on Saturday morning if the status of the ride changes. We all know that here in Ohio weather predictions change daily (this morning I saw 60% chance of rain Sat. now 10 hours later it's 40%)

    1 · June 27, 2013

  • Todd & Lori V.

    We would love to do this ride however we won't in the rain and Sunday is not an option for us

    June 27, 2013

  • Brooks R.

    ok 50% chance of rain as it stands now Question if it rains on sat can we do it on Sunday ? Really like to do this ride but not comfortable enough yet to ride in the rain

    June 27, 2013

  • jim w.

    I have to cancel brothers bachelor party. strippers or riding? Have fun

    June 27, 2013

  • Garry M.

    Looks like I will be able to join this ride

    June 27, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Hey gals and guys .. because of the number of people attending I would like to suggest that everyone try to show at least 15minutes before the departure time.

    Hope for a rain free day and see everyone there !!

    June 25, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      John, I added to the meetup that the riders meeting will be at 8:40 am. :)

      1 · June 25, 2013

  • Brian&Barb S.

    Just found out I gotta do a limo-bus on Saturday 29th run in Granville and buckeye lake for 12 long arse hours.....omg. Why do I stay in this job.?

    June 25, 2013

  • Shawn S.

    Looking forward to meeting some new riders!

    June 25, 2013

  • Lynn K.

    Changed work plans so could make the ride!!! Excited!!! Never rode Hocking before! YIPPIE!!!! C ya'll soon!!!

    June 25, 2013

  • Brian&Barb S.

    My (on call) status with my Limo job makes it almost impossible to plan on short timing.Iwish I could attend that ride. I have yet to be physically broke in for long distance runs

    June 24, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    sorry can't make it I had a death in the family I'll see you next time have a great trip

    June 24, 2013

  • Kay R.

    Hi everyone...Are trikes welcome on this ride?

    June 24, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      They sure are Kay!

      1 · June 24, 2013

    • Kay R.

      Awesome! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

      June 24, 2013

  • LEROY W.

    it sounds fun but have to get ready for trip over 4th

    June 24, 2013

  • Todd & Lori V.

    Todd & I are looking forward to it. Hopefully no rain!

    June 23, 2013

  • Angel Dunham L.

    I can get about 138 miles to a tank of gas. Will one of the two breaks be at a gas station? I hate to slow the group up because of my limited gas tank size :(

    June 23, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      Hi Angel. We will stop at the Laurelville gas station for a break. Then after lunch we can stop in Logan for a break at a gas station then we will stop again on the way back at the same Laurelville gas station. there is also a gas station down the road from Jimbos where we will be stopping for lunch if anyone feels they need to run down there to top off.

      June 23, 2013

  • Ronald P.

    should be a Great scenic ride!

    June 23, 2013

  • Mary Jane (.

    Looking forward to riding with this group. I met a few of you at the skills refresher this spring and had a great time. See you all next Saturday!

    June 23, 2013

  • Anthony S.

    Sorry I can't go. I volunteered to take registrations for a fallen heros poker run and also ride in it. Have fun and be safe!

    June 23, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    thanks John this will be a great ride Hocking Hills have some great roads

    June 22, 2013

  • Nate B.

    Do we meet at 9:00 or is it kickstands up at 9:00?

    June 21, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      kickstands up at 9am

      June 22, 2013

    • Nate B.

      Never mind. I see kickstands up at 9:00

      June 22, 2013

26 went

Create a Meetup Group and meet new people

Get started Learn more
Bill

I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.

Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy