Back by popular demand -- the Columbus Vegetarian Group Family-Style Thanksgiving Potluck! Here are the details for this event:
DATE: Sunday, Nov 10, 2013
TIME: Arrive between 12:00 and 12:15. We’ll start eating at 12:30pm.
LOCATION: We’ll be getting together in the Beech-Maple Lodge at Blacklick Woods Metro Park. The lodge is beautiful and is equipped with heating, air conditioning, a gas fireplace, tables, chairs and a large enough meeting space to host 50-60 folks comfortably. The lodge also features plenty of nearby parking and a full kitchen with a sink, refrigerator, stove, and plenty of counter space. Directions can be found at the link at the bottom of this e-mail.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Side Dish and/or Dessert to Share: Please bring a vegetarian (vegan preferred) main or side dish to share. If you can, please also bring a dessert so we have plenty to go around! With your dish, be sure to also include a recipe card (for those with allergies) and serving utensils. If your dish happens to be gluten-free, be sure to mention it as we have several gluten-free members as well.
• Place Setting & Beverage: Please bring a place setting (plate, eating utensils, napkins, etc.) and beverage for yourself and each of your guests.
• $2 Per Person: Please bring a donation of $2 per person to cover the cost of the shelter ($100).
RSVP: We'll have an RSVP limit of 50 for this event, so please only RSVP if you plan to attend. If your plans change, please be sure to update your RSVP no later than 48-hours before the event so that others may attend!
This should be a great start to the holiday season and a wonderful veg celebration together! Hope you can join us!
• Blacklick Woods Metro Park is located at 6975 E. Livingston Ave, Reynoldsburg OH 43068.
• From I-270, take the East Main Street/Reynoldsburg exit. Go east (outside the loop) on Main Street to Brice Road and turn right. Take Brice Road to Livingston Avenue and turn left. Entrance is about 1.5 miles on the right.
• All vegetarian dishes are welcome (and veggie versions of traditional Thanksgiving favorites are VERY welcome). However, because our group is about half-vegetarian/half-vegan, Vegetarian Group members are encouraged to make their dish vegan so everyone can enjoy.
• In general, Soy Milk, Earth Balance, and Vegetable Broth are all quick, easy and tasty substitutes for milk, butter and broth. Many other vegan recipe substitutions can be found at: http://www.veganwolf.com/vegan_cooking_substitutions.htm
• For further info on what's vegan and what's not, click here: http://www.vegfamily.com/lists/animal-ingredients.htm
Side Dish Suggestions:
• Convert one of your favorite side dish or dessert recipes.
• Bring a traditional Thanksgiving dish: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggie gravy, veggie side dishes, casseroles, rice dishes, salads, etc.
• Bring a non-traditional Thanksgiving dish: pitas & hummus, ethnic dishes, etc.
• Search the web. Many websites can provide some great recipes. Here's one of them: http://www.vegancoach.com/vegan-side-dish.html.