Without a doubt, the hottest restaurant in Columbus right now is MELT! Since opening its doors in the Short North last November, Melt Bar & Grilled has been packed to the rafters!
Melt! Is a Cleveland-based restaurant that specializes in deliciously huge gourmet sandwiches! While not a vegetarian restaurant, they are very veggie friendly with an endless variety of vegetarian and vegan options! Sandwiches can be made with a veggie burger, tofu, crispy tofu, house made seitan, tofu bacon, and depending on the day, veggie meatballs and/or veggie meatloaf! In addition to a variety of cheeses, Melt also offers vegan cheddar and vegan mozzarella! Choose one of their delicious chef-created specialty sandwiches or create your own masterpiece using your choice of over 50 fresh veg ingredients (partial list included at the bottom of this announcement)! Start with an appetizer of Wild Tofu Wings (big enough to share) then move on to the Parmagedddon, Cleveland Cheese Steak, Wet Hot Buffalo, or Curry Chik’n Melt (all served with some of the best fries in Columbus)!
Because of the heavy demand and limited seating for Melt, we’ll do something a bit different for this event. Our event will be held on Saturday, March 15th at 11:00am. Please see the important notes for this event below:
• MEET: We’ll meet outside the restaurant doors between 10:45 and 10:55am. Melt does not take reservations of any kind, so only those at the restaurant at 10:55am are guaranteed to be seated with the group! Please note that late arrivals may have a waiting time before being seated and are not guaranteed to be seated with the group.
• RSVP: Because of heavy demand and limited seating, pre-payment of $11 per adult is required to RSVP for this event. $10 per person will be applied to your order on the day of the event (the other $1 is an unavoidable Amazon payments fee). No RSVP or pre-payment is required for kids age 12 and under, but please let me know if you plan to bring kids so we’ll know how many to expect. (Other payment options are listed at the bottom of this e-mail.)
Should be a great meal and a fun time together at this Columbus hot-spot! Look forward to seeing you there!
Notes & Links:
• Payment Options: Pre-payment is required to RSVP. You can pre-pay using any of the following three options: (1) Amazon Payments via the Vegetarian Group site. Simply RSVP for the event and follow the prompts. You will need to be signed in to RSVP. (2) Save a buck and pre-pay $10 in person at any event (Vegetarian or Movie Group) between now and the event. I'll add you to the RSVP list when payment is received. (3) Save a buck and mail a check or money order to: Dan Bezon, PO Box 3255, Columbus OH 43210. Again, I'll add you to the RSVP list when payment is received.
• Restaurant & Menu: http://meltbarandgrilled.com/
• Columbus Alive Review: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/blogs/thelatest/2013/11/melt-bar-and-grilled-columbus-short-north.html
• List of Ingredients: I recommend one of their chef created masterpieces - or - you can always customize your order or create your own masterpiece using any combination of the following ingredients: Veggie Burger, Fried Tofu, Crispy Fried Tofu, House Made Seitan, Tofu Bacon, Ginger & Lemongrass Lentil Cakes, Raw Onion, Romaine Lettuce, Sliced Tomato, Sautéed Onions, Sautéed Peppers, Banana Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Sweet Slaw, Creamy Celery Slaw, Napa Vodka Kraut, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, Thick Cut Onion Rings, Garlic Mushrooms, Caramel Port Onions, Fresh Avocado, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Fresh Arugula, Roasted Butternut Squash, Crispy Battered Eggplant, Pickle Spears, Fried Pickle Spears, Mango Chutney, Potato & Onion Pierogis, Fried Mozzarella Wedges, Cornbread Hush Puppies, Potato & Onion Croquettes, Candied Peanuts, Peanut Butter and Caramelized Banana!