Here are a couple of quick reminders and updates for you:
Thanksgiving Potluck at Whetstone Park of Roses on Sunday, November 20th! Come on out to celebrate Thanksgiving with new and long-time friends in this community-wide meatless Thanksgiving dinner! This year, we’ll be getting together with just about every known vegetarian and vegan group in Columbus (and one from Dayton)! Admission is free. Main course and desserts will be provided. Just bring a vegetarian (vegan preferred) pot luck dish to share, along with your own place setting and beverage. Event will take place at 4:30 on Sunday, November 20th at the Whetstone Park of Roses Shelter House. For complete details or to sign up, click here: http://www.meetup.com/ColumbusVegetarianMeetup/events/35348292/
December Meetup at Chi Thai on Saturday, December 10th! For our final event of 2011, we’ll return to one of Columbus’ best (and one of my favorite) restaurants, Chi Thai! This beautiful restaurant offers some of the best Chinese and Thai food around! It should be a great way to pause during a hectic December to share a delicious meal with someVegetarian Group friends. We’ll meet by 12:00pm on Saturday, December 10th at Chai Thai, located at 5577 North Hamilton Road (near 161). Click here for complete details or to sign up: http://www.meetup.com/ColumbusVegetarianMeetup/events/39345802/
Other events, activities and info:
- Wellness Forum Fall Health Conference, Nov 11-13 at the Wellness Forum. Guest speakers include Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. Cost is $199.
- The Dayton Vegan Group will be at Sunrise Sanctuary to feed the animals on Sat, Nov 12 @ 11:00am.
- A screening of the documentary, Vegucated, will take place on Sun, Nov 20th @ 2:30pm at the Gateway Film Center. For those wishing to attend, the documentary and director talk will conclude in time to make it to our big Thanksgiving Potluck taking place that afternoon at 4:30.
- Sunrise Sanctuary’s Thanksgiving For The Turkeys is scheduled for Sun, Nov 27th @ Noon.
- Regulars at The Loving Hut will notice a change in ownership on your next visit. Duc and Hannah Vu (who worked with us on their Grand Opening and our event there last summer) departed on November 1st. The cook (Volodiya), his wife (Oyun) and family will take over operation of the restaurant, ensuring the same great quality veg food.
- As you’ve no doubt heard, Dragonfly Neo-V will be closing. They will serve one last brunch on January 1st, then will re-open sometime later in January as Till Dynamic Fare. Till will be a non-vegetarian restaurant (but still offering plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes) and will focus on high-quality but lower cost meals. Later in the spring, a pastry shop is expected to open in the former location of On-The-Fly.
- Complete details on these events, along with Cooking Classes, Dinners at the Wellness Forum, and other events can be found on our calendar here: http://www.meetup.com/ColumbusVegetarianMeetup/events/calendar/