One final reminder that our Vegetarian Group event for May will be THIS SUNDAY, MAY 19th at MAZAH MEDITERRANEAN EATERY! We’ve got a good group of folks signed up and a delicious menu in store! Because the restaurant will be opening special for this private event, pre-payment is required to attend. RSVP's will close at Noon this Saturday (or when the event fills up), so don’t miss out! If you are already signed up -- I look forward to seeing you there! For everyone else, here are details:
- Date: Sunday, May 19th
- Time: 3:30pm. The restaurant closes at 3pm – they’re re-opening at 3:30 for this private event for our group! Arrive at 3:30pm and we’ll get started at 3:45.
- Location: Mazah Mediterranean Eatery located at 149 Grandview Avenue in Grandview Heights.
- Description: Maggie (the owner) is creating a special “Vegetarian Group Sampler Platter” filled with all your veggie favorites! A great way for newcomers to try out a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a fantastic way for those who already fans of the cuisine to feast on their favorites! And we’ll all enjoy the company of some like-mined friends along with the fantastic service that keeps Mazah's regulars coming back for more! Meal includes all of the following: three entrees (stuffed grape leaves, falafel, and fatayer), four sides (rice, Mediterranean potato salad, three bean salad, and cabbage salad), two dips (hummus and baba ghanoush), and warm pita bread!
- Cost: One price ($16) covers it all – meal, tax, gratuity, an Amazon payments fee! Pre-payment required.
- RSVP Info: RSVP deadline is Saturday, May 18th at Noon! Once registration closes on Saturday, we will not be able to add any RSVPs for this event. To guarantee your spot, click here and follow the prompts: http://www.meetup.com/ColumbusVegetarianMeetup/events/108989692/
- Questions: If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail or call.
OTHER EVENTS AND INFORMATION:
Meet The Author & Taste The Recipes: Rip Esselstyn At Whole Foods Upper Arlington!
- The newly opened Whole Foods Market in Upper Arlington is hosting a “Meet the Author” event featuring Rip Esselstyn next Wednesday, May 22nd, from 4-7pm.
- As you may know, Rip Esselstyn is the author of The Engine 2 Diet and My Beef with Meat (and is the son of Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn).
- Mr. Esselstyn will be speaking and answering questions about eating a plant-based diet along with sampling some of the delicious recipes from his book.
- This is not a Vegetarian Group event but is forwarded for your information. To attend this event, reservations are required and can be made by calling Whole Foods at[masked]-3400.
- More information can be found on the Whole Foods website here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/store/event/meet-author-rip-esselstyn
Vegetarian Group Member Alan Woods To Debut Four Short Plays!
- Walhalla Dramaturgy Productions invites you to attend the very first staged readings of 4 short plays, including: two Shakespeare prequels (Impressing Rosalind and What Shall We Do With Daddy -- from King Lear); a sequel (Witches Wishing); and a Coda (You Again).
- The plays (the two prequels and the sequel) are written by long-time Vegetarian Group Member Alan Woods!
- While this is not a Vegetarian Group event, it is forwarded for your info. Readings will take place on Sunday, June 9th at 2pm at The Hawk Galleries, located at 153 E. Main St.
- This event is FREE and open to the public but space is limited! Reservations may be made by calling:[masked]-6268.
June / July Event Date Set For Sunday, June 16th!
- We’ll be having just one event for the months of June / July this year. But, don’t worry – we’ll be sure to make it a good one!
- Mark your calendars for Sunday, June 16th! Details will be announced later this week!
Save the Date: Summer Picnic To Be Held On Sunday, August 11th!
- Get ready for another Vegetarian / Vegan Group Joint Summer Picnic! Details coming soon.
- For now, mark your calendars for Sunday, August 11th!
Take care and look forward to seeing you soon,