addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Columbus Vegetarian Meetup Group (CURRENTLY INACTIVE) Message Board › June Cooking Classes and Events

June Cooking Classes and Events

Mark
ChefMark
Powell, OH
Post #: 10
Hi Everyone:
I have several classes and events going on in June that I wanted to share with you:
-Farm to Fork: Cooking With the Seasons at the Stratford Ecological Center in Delaware. The first class in this series sold out! Join me for a cooking demonstration and sampling of seasonal ingredients found on the farm, market, or maybe your own back yard. Saturday, June 22, 1PM to 3PM, $30 per person. Register by calling the Stratford Center at 740-363-2548.

-Also at Stratford, Cooking Club for Kids on Monday, June 17 at 10:00 AM for children ages 6 to 10. We'll teach the kids about how vegetables grow and they will get some hands-on practice making a snack. I'm honored to be the first to offer this at Stratford and it should be a great time. Cost is $20 per child, register by callling Stratford 740-363-2548. Columbus Parent magazine is sending a reporter and photographer to cover the event and help spread the word about healthy eating for children!

-Plant-Based Cooking for Health and Happiness at the Mount Carmel Women's Health Center on Sawmill Parkway in Powell, Tuesday June 25 at 7:00 PM. I'll be demonstrating and sampling delicious, seasonal, health-supportive dishes. This class is really designed for the person who wants to eat a healthier, vegetarian diet but doesn't know where to begin. Cost is $25 per person, register by calling Mt. Carmel at 614-234-5433.

You will also find me most Thursday evenings at the Easton Farmers Market, providing suggestions and maybe some samples on how to use the fresh produce available from local farmers. If you visit the market, be sure to stop by and say hello.

More details on all events are on my web site, www.TheDukeofFork.com. Thanks!