Help support your MeetupChip in
Mission of Community Service ~ Long Island
Assisting members/potential volunteers with finding their volunteer potential while supporting various charities and causes throughout Long Island, NY
· to bring as many members/potential volunteers together in a variety of ways for a variety of reasons - anyone who has a desire to take an active role in a world bigger than them is more than welcome to do so
· to come together to do a variety of good deeds through various types of events and for varied causes
· to give back to as many causes/charities in the Long Island, NY community as much as possible
· to connect with varied organizations and bring them to members/potential volunteers awareness for additional volunteer opportunities
The emphasis of this group is on its members/potential volunteers.
It aims to assist members in achieving their goals
· to get an understanding of their personal reason/s for joining this group
· to get an understanding of specific causes they are interested in
· to provide them with various activities for various causes so they have an opportunity and exposure to better decide how they are willing wanting and able to participate in giving back to the community
· by striving to provide them with activities at various days and times so that they might find something that works flexibly with their schedule and already busy life style; where able.
· to assist them through a variety of means for them to be able to make the most and get the most out of being a part of this group as is possible
· to do some of the networking and investigating and planning and arranging with various organizations and for various activities and causes to save them time and expose them to more than they might have encountered on their own
· to form and develop relationships with one another while on this journey together.
By investing this time in our members/potential volunteers we hope that this group will have the enormous impact in supporting the Long Island, NY community that we are striving for.
Membership Fee: None at the moment
Participation Rule (grounds for removal):
1) Failure to visit the group site after 1 year
Suspended at the moment.
Message to charitable organizations:
Please DO NOT join this group unless you plan to volunteer for various events yourself.
This group is NOT for organizations to advertise and recruit, it is for the volunteers.
I can provide other ways to bring attention to your organization though:
*sponsoring the group through www.meetup.com - specifying our particular group
- cost of sponsorship
- how to sponsor the group
*inviting us to participate in a planned event as volunteers
*inviting us to attend a planned event
*providing us with opportunities for group events we can do for your organizations
*sending a list of volunteer needs that I can forward to the members on your behalf
*assisting the Organizers with creating a packet that can be scanned and posted on the group site that represents and introduces our members to your organization in a pressure free way (We would meet you in person to work this through).
Please set these up through the Organizers, through e-mail and/or in meeting with them in person.... except for projects members create and wish to organize and lead on their own then they will get in touch with you and you would be working directly with them.
668 Fans of Live Music