Events, Meetings, Outings and Gatherings Guidelines
Welcome to the NJCDSN, as a component of our mission to provide Compassion, Friendship and Fellowship we encourage Support, Educational and Social Events, Meetings, Gatherings and Outings in a safe and fun manner. These events are held to encourage socialization, friendships, discussion and for members to make connections which will help in the process of meeting people and improving their lives. The success to this component of our mission is a result of positive member participation, either as a facilitator, host, co-host or as an attendee (or RSVP).
Each member is expected to attend a Monthly Support Meeting at least once. We warmly welcome new members and provide an explanation of the group, our guidelines and different services that are available to all our members. We may also include educational/professional service speakers and discussion sessions.
As a rule we have over 40 events a month, including;
• An event for every “Family Oriented” Holiday. These celebrations are especially difficult for individuals
that are going through or have gone through divorce. We hope you will join us. (ie. Thanksgiving,
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, Valentine’s Day, Fathers Day, Easter, Passover, and
• Dancing at Clubs
• Outdoors Events (Rock Climbing, Hiking, Softball, Beach Days, etc.)
• Coffee Chats or Drinks and Appetizers
A weekly event is held in Monmouth, Somerset and Union Counties.
• Monthly “Birthday” Dinners
• Billiards or Game Nights.
• Painting and Moving Parties
• Salsa Lessons
• Movies Nights
• Educational Sessions (ie. Dating Rules, Financial Aspects of Divorce, Reduce Stress, etc.)
• Planned or Spontaneous Meetings/Events. Any other interests or a hobby you would like to share with the group.
We encourage all individuals to host events, we ask everyone to review and adhere to the guidelines below. The Host’s role is to foster a comfortable and safe environment while encouraging participation and a happy time for all.
A Host is expected to;
• Create the event on website
• Organize the event. Check it out, negotiate any deals, meeting site. Making arrangements with the intended venue or arrange a meeting place.
• If there is a cost expected, it should be inexpensive (a thumb rule of about $20.00 or less is normal). More expensive outings are also encouraged, but this will limit attendance.
• Supply a telephone number where you can be reached.
• Be a good host. Warmly welcome everyone, arrange seating, provide introductions and encourage new comers into conversations. No one should sit alone, unless they want to. (We only have one chance to engage someone and we only have one chance to lose someone.) It will a terrible loss of an opportunity if someone can’t find us or gets discouraged.
* No person shall directly gain monetarilly from organizing or hosting an event.
• If you post an event, than you must host that event unless you have found a replacement. All events must be hosted by someone in the group and follow the guidelines. If at the last moment, a Host cannot attend an event posted, please attempt to find a replacement Host. Please contact a Stephen to discuss options.
• Have FUN
RSVPs (Attendees) Guidelines
• Keep your RSVP current
• Be on time, be a good guest and encourage a safe event.
• Participate and respect others wishes.
• Pay any expenses associated with the event.
• Words of suggestions are welcomed, words of criticism are not.
• Leave feedback on the website.
• What is said with the confines of the group, stay within the group
We encourage members to broaden their “comfort zone” in a safe manner. We also encourage members to share their interests and hobbies with other members.
Every event posted on the website must be open to all members although the numbers of attendees may be limited.
Since the primary focus of the group is support no other meeting or event (in the same area) can be scheduled at the same date and time as the Monthly Support Meeting.
Events should not have the primary purpose of selling services (this should be posted under the Discussion board under Professional Services or Employment Opportunities).
Members can only Host an event after they have attended a Monthly Support Meeting.
Any event may be cancelled if it is determined that the event is being held for reasons that are not in best interest of the group.
"NO Show" Guidelines
Please reserve "yes" for events you plan to attend and remember to update this to "no" should your plans change. Canceling same day or last minute is not recommended without a reason that beats laziness. We will keeping accurate attendance record, members who tend to collect "no-shows" will be removed.
To Provide Compassion, Friendship and Fellowship to Individuals who are In or Have Completed the Divorce Process.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Helpful Links for Divorce Dating and Relationships||April 6, 2015 7:46 AM||anonymous|
|Our Guidelines||August 14, 2013 10:11 AM||anonymous|
|Events and Meetings Guidelines||March 17, 2013 9:55 PM||anonymous|
|About New Jersey Complete Divorce Support Group||January 11, 2013 9:32 PM||anonymous|