CTDC is a non-profit and non-partisan corporation that is comprised of individuals whose focus is issues of good governance and transparency in Duval County Florida
Concerned TaxPayers of Duval County was originally created for the purpose of promoting and adopting the local Charter amendment that limits local property tax revenue increases to not more than three percent per year. Throughout the years, it has been involved in reining in the excessive spending of taxpayer money by city government.
In recent years, the CTDC was instrumental is convincing the Peyton administration to rethink the “Better Jacksonville Plan” county courthouse construction. Many of our members regularly attend Jacksonville City Council meetings, including committee meetings, as “watchdogs” over your money.
It is the mission of the Concerned Taxpayers of Duval County, Inc., to prevent, identify, and publicize all forms of fiscal waste, extravagance, and imprudence within and by the government which impacts residents of Duval County, Florida.
In order to accomplish its mission, the CTDC has identified the following purposes for which this organization has been organized, which are not all inclusive:
- To fight against local government providing ‘corporate welfare’ in the form of so-called ‘incentives,’ whether direct subsidies to private businesses or tax abatements or other favoritism of one over another;
- To support full and complete ‘government in the Sunshine’ and open public debate on all local issues, in recognition of the fact that the ‘back room’ creates cronyism, nepotism and worse;
- To support competitive bidding and to oppose no-bid contracting;
- To oppose the disposition of any public asset at less than its fair market value to anyone;
- To encourage all local government officials to obey all laws and the federal and state constitutions;
- To engage in educational endeavors;
- To receive and maintain a fund or funds of real or personal property, or both; and
- To use and apply the whole or any part of the income therefrom and the principal thereof primarily for for educational purposes, for supporting or opposing legislation affecting taxes, and for supporting and opposing candidates for office.
NOTE: Acceptance of membership into the meetup group does not constitute membership in Concerned Taxpayers of Duval County. To become a member and obtain access to our exclusive google group, please read more here:
Thanks for coming to check us out. Please visit the website for up to date news: