Help support your MeetupChip in
I wanted to create a fun, secure environment where people of any size can get together and develop a community where new friends can help each other shine and love who you are in a judgement free zone.
In a world plastered with size 2 models, it can be tough to be plus-sized. In my adult life, I've ranged from a size 14 (briefly!) to a size 28, and have faced many challenges because of a purely external measurement. Some of those struggles have even been with myself and my own self-doubts.
When I'm lighter, I do have more energy, and that is something that I crave. Although that said, my attitude has more to do with my personal pizzazz than my weight ever has. So this group was created to meet the special needs that we, the big-hearted, have.
Let's meet and chat about all the things that impact us:
- embracing your individuality and finding your inner glow
- sharing opportunities
- trading clothes (I have at least 4 sizes in my closet :O)
- Just having fun together and making new friends (who understand us!)
- finding romance...or deciding you're better off alone
- Fashion, the media and entertainment
- new roads to better fitness (whether that involves weight loss or not)
- and believing in yourself whatever your size (these last two are not mutually exclusive!)
- And everything else!
This group is for plus-sized women and men, and the people who love and support us. Also, I want to promise that I will make sure that everyone gets personally welcomed to each meetup event and introduced to other members. So if you're shy, don't worry. We've got you covered!
969 Conscious Breathers
1,992 Outdoor Enthusiasts
1,637 Women Leaders