A Course in Miracles (ACIM) has been the inspiration for countless world-renowned authors including Marianne Williamson, Gary Renard, Jerry Jamposlky, and Diane Berke, and quoted by almost every contemporary spiritual leader including Eckhart Tolle, Rev. Michael Beckwith, Deepak Choprah, and Wayne Dyer.
WATCH THE MOVIE TRAILER FOR A TASTE OF WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT:
The 12-step program is a set of guiding principles (recognized by many participants as‘spiritual principles’) outlining a course of action for recovery from addiction or compulsion. The 12-step program is at the heart of recovery programs offered through Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous and Overeaters Anonymous. Of the 12 steps, the following steps speak directly to the presence of God or a ‘higher power’ in the recovery process:
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to [addicts], and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
A Course in Miracles (ACIM) has been described as a self-study course in personal and spiritual transformation.The ACIM Study Group is offered as an opportunity to extend one’s exploration of the above steps, as part of the 12-step program, by:
• Coming together and sharing in ACIM learning and teaching;
• Seeking an expanded understanding of Course principles; and
• Supporting each other through our respective personal and spiritual transformation.
The ACIM Study Group for the 12-step program is open to any/all participants and will be most beneficial and meaningful for those currently going through the 12-step program and wanting to explore any of steps 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11 or 12 further.
The Study Group is facilitated by Rev. Robert Meagher, an Interfaith Minister, Founder and Spiritual Director at Spiritual Guidance (www.servingyourjourney.com). You can learn more about this study and discussion group by following these links to some background and information sheet:
- Exploring the voices of enlightened conscious living -
Featuring a wide variety of personal & spiritual development events. The calendar is democratic and member run, and is offered as a public service to the spiritual community. Members may post paying or free events, as long as they resonate with the Conscious Living ethos. It is essential that we network to bring light into this world of dense vibrations.
Meetup charges organizers who put their time into maintaining these sites. All we ask from you to help keep this site running is a small donation of only $5.00 ONE TIME A YEAR. You can send the payment by Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks in advance. With Light and love, Jeff
PAST EVENTS FEATURED:
* Power Of Now (Eckhart Tolle) * Meditation (multiple traditions) * Energy Healing * Forgiveness * Law of Attraction * Gong Baths * ACIM (A Course In Miracles) * Labyrinth Walks * Yoga Events * Movie nights