Consciousness Hacking Meetup - Santa Cruz Message Board › Consciousness Hacking Meetup - Info for upcoming meeting

Consciousness Hacking Meetup - Info for upcoming meeting

Mikey S.
user 32380122
Group Organizer
Aptos, CA
Hello aspiring consciousness hackers!
Extremely excited that you are all interested in exploring this topic with me, and doubly excited to be meeting some of you this Friday.  I'm still figuring out how to convey what I mean by Consciousness Hacking (part of the goal of our first meetup!) but it is grounded in certain core ideas that I want to make sure are clearly expressed.
Consciousness Hacking is an approach to developing new tools for exploring consciousness much in the spirit of the Maker Movement or Quantified Self but with the pragmatic spiritual influence of Buddhist Geeks or Dharma Overground.  This meetup is not a meditation group, and I will not espouse any religious or spiritual approach or philosophy (though I'm totally open to taking some time during the meeting for a short meditation!).  The ultimate purpose of the group is to empower YOU to develop new tools, hopefully through collective sharing and exploration.  You do not need a technology background, and you are absolutely welcome to join if you have no interest in ever developing your own tools, but there will definitely be a heavy focus on modern technology as the hacking medium.
I hope this doesn't unnecessarily scare anyone away, but at the same time I hope that no one shows up with the wrong expectations.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
The Meetup will be at The Tannery, Studio 108 (JoyLabz) across from Rebecca's Cafe
1060 River st, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The three windows on the right side are your destination [street view].  There is a self-storage place across the street.  You can park on the street across from this building, or you can park in the second parking lot (not the entrance with the traffic signal, but the next one (coming from downtown))